This Taco Ring recipe is a colorfully fun addition to a Tex-Mex dinner or for a potluck. Using crescent dough, seasoned beef, and cheddar cheese this taco ring is so easy to put together!
This post is sponsored by Mirum, all opinions expressed are my own.
Basketball tournament time is filled with appetizers, snacks and all of my favorite dips! This baked taco ring is always a hit during tournament time with seasoned beef and cheese baked inside a crusty crescent roll shell. It is so easy to prep and pop in the oven while you enjoy the game! It’s great to prep ahead and transports well to parties as well!
In amongst the snacks, I do find myself with occasional heartburn. Omeprazole Orally Disintegrating Tablets (also referred to as ODT) is a proactive way to help frequent heartburn sufferers keep heartburn at bay.
Always talk to your doctor or a licensed professional before taking a new medication.
If you suffer from heartburn two or more days per week, ODT can provide affordable relief. I love that I can grab it at Walmart (or other retailers) while grocery shopping (check where you can find Omeprazole ODT near you here).
It’s very convenient and I love having tablets that can easily dissolve on the tongue. I don’t need water so I can take them discreetly any time (and any place). These strawberry flavored tablets dissolve quickly and easily since they’re small (same size as shown on the box). While Omeprazole ODT doesn’t provide immediate relief, it can come in as little as 24 hours (but it can take up to 1-4 days for full effect).
Use Omeprazole ODT as directed for 14 days to treat frequent heartburn. Do not take it for more than 14 days or more frequently than every 4 months unless directed by a doctor.
Tips for Working with Crescent Dough
Working with crescent dough is not difficult, but there are a few tricks to make it easier.
- Ensure the dough is cold before you begin. Warm dough is sticky and can tear easily. Separate it carefully from the other pieces at the perforated sections.
- Gently pull the pieces so they are uniformly shaped before creating the ring portion.
- Make sure your pan is large enough and use parchment paper to keep the taco ring from sticking.
How to Make a Taco Ring
- Prep ground beef as you would for tacos with taco seasoning (per recipe below). Then toss with 1/2 cup of shredded cheese.
- Prepare the crescent rolls in a circular fashion with the tips on the bottom edges touching each other. You’ll want about a 4″ circle in the middle.
- Place a scoop of the meat/cheese mixture in the center of each roll and then fold the top of the triangle over the bottom of the triangle and tuck that point under.
- Bake until the tops are lightly browned.
What To Do With Leftover Taco Ring
This recipe makes really yummy leftovers, especially on top of a bed of lettuce, taco salad-style.
To Store: Put leftover pieces in airtight containers with some add-ons (listed above) and then seal tightly. Keep refrigerated until you are ready to eat.
To Refresh: Enjoy it cold like a taco salad or heat it up in the microwave. Add a dash or two of hot sauce to refresh the flavors!
Great Taco Inspired Appetizers
- Cheesy Beef Queso Dip – perfect for dipping!
- Taco Cheese Ball – simple & addictive recipe
- 5 Minute Taco Dip – just 3 base ingredients!
- Cheesy Oven Baked Tacos – great for a crowd
- Cream Cheese Dip – ready in 10 mins!
Taco Crescent Ring
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ½ onion finely diced
- 1 package taco seasoning
- ½ cup water
- 1 ½ cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 cans refrigerated crescent rolls
- lettuce tomatoes, sour cream, jalapenos
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Cook beef and onion in over medium heat until no pink remains. Drain any fat. Add taco seasoning mix and ½ cup water. Simmer 4-5 minutes or until thickened. Cool slightly and toss with 1 cup cheese.
- Unroll the crescent rolls. Arrange on a parchment lined pan so the short end in inside and the tips point out in a circle. (it should have a 4" center and will look like a sunshine shape.
- Top the center of the rolls with taco meat and top with remaining cheese.
- Fold each dough triangle up over the filling and tuck the tip under the bottom of the circle.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 5 minutes and slice. Serve with toppings.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)