This Taco Ring recipe is a colorfully fun addition to a Tex-Mex dinner or for game day.
A tender crescent dough ring is filled with seasoned beef and cheddar cheese and baked until golden.
Cut it into wedges and add your favorite toppings for serving.
A Fun Twist on Taco Night
- Serve it as a main dish for dinner or as a snack for a party or gathering.
- It uses easy-to-find ingredients, and it’s quick to put together.
- Customize this and make your own variation with your favorite add-ins or optional toppings.
- This taco ring recipe can be prepared ahead of time and baked before serving.
- Leftovers can be reheated for a quick meal or lunch.
How to Make a Taco Ring
- Prep ground beef for tacos with taco seasoning (per the recipe below). Then toss with 1/2 cup of shredded cheese.
- Lay out the crescent rolls in a circular fashion, with the tips on the bottom edges touching each other. You’ll want about a 4″ circle in the middle.
- Place a scoop of the meat/cheese mixture in the center of each roll and then fold the top of the triangle over the bottom of the triangle and tuck that point under.
- Bake until the tops are lightly browned.
Tips For a Perfect Taco Ring
Working with crescent dough is not difficult, but there are a few tricks to make it easier.
- Swap the beef for ground chicken or ground turkey. Refried beans can be added to the bottom layer of dough.
- Ensure the crescent roll dough is chilled. This will make it easier to work with and prevent tearing
- Cool the ground beef mixture slightly before assembling the ring (or chill completely if making ahead) to avoid warming the dough.
- Gently shape the crescent roll pieces to ensure a uniform ring.
- Use parchment paper to prevent sticking during baking.
Leftover Taco Crescent Ring
This recipe makes really yummy leftovers, especially on top of a bed of lettuce, taco salad-style.
To Store: Put leftover pieces in airtight containers with some add-ons (listed above) and then seal tightly. Keep refrigerated until you are ready to eat.
To Refresh: Enjoy it cold like a taco salad or heat it up in the microwave. Add a dash or two of hot sauce to refresh the flavors!
Did your family love this Taco Ring recipe? Leave us a rating and a comment below!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ½ onion finely diced
- 1 package taco seasoning
- ½ cup water
- 1 ½ cups cheddar cheese shredded, divided
- 2 cans refrigerated crescent rolls
- lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, jalapenos
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a frying pan, cook beef and onion over medium-high heat until no pink remains. Drain any fat.
- Add taco seasoning mix and water to the pan and simmer for 4-5 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly, toss with 1 cup of cheese.
- Unroll the crescent rolls and place them on a parchment-lined pan so that the short end is inside and the tips point out in a circle, resembling a sunshine shape. The center should be 4 inches wide.
- Spoon the taco meat mixture over the center of the crescent rolls and top with the remaining cheese.
- Fold each dough triangle up over the filling and tuck the tip under the bottom of the circle.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the crescent rolls are lightly browned. Cool for 5 minutes, then slice and serve with your desired toppings.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.