This mini chicken meatloaf recipe is a quick way to enjoy a traditional meatloaf with less fat but all the flavor!
Ground chicken meatloaf is mixed with savory seasonings and baked to tender perfection. This recipe comes out moist and delicious every time!
A Lighter Meatloaf
- Lighter than beef, ground chicken is a versatile protein that’s perfect for meatloaf!
- Served with vegetables, chicken meatloaf is a family favorite deal!
- No special pans required, just shape them on a baking sheet.
- Cook time for mini meatloaf is only 20 minutes, making this the perfect recipe for busy weeknights.
CHICKEN: Ground chicken is a nice lean option for these minis. A combination of chicken and turkey or chicken and Italian sausage will deliver juicy results, too!
VEGETABLES: Onions and celery add flavor to the ground chicken and shredded carrots give the meatloaf a little pop of color and some added moisture.
Shredded zucchini, diced mushrooms, even chopped black olives will taste great!
SEASONINGS: Italian seasoning, breadcrumbs, and Parmesan cheese add the right amount of flavor and texture to this chicken meatloaf recipe.
How to Make Mini Meatloaf
- Soften onion, garlic, & celery in oil. Cool completely.
- Mix remaining ingredients (except topping) together in a large bowl.
- Shape into 4 mini loaves or press into muffin tins for meatloaf muffins.
- Mix topping ingredients together & spread over each meatloaf.
- Cook (per the recipe below).
PRO TIP: Let meatloaves rest about 5 minutes before serving. Each mini meatloaf equals one serving so feel free to double or triple the recipe if needed.
What Do You Serve with Meatloaf?
Meatloaf goes best with potatoes! Try serving alongside Garlic Mashed Potatoes or Roasted Smashed Potatoes. Roasted Broccoli and Carrots or Air Fryer Roasted Butternut Squash also pair perfectly with meatloaf. Add a crispy salad and dinner is served!
Leftover Meatloaf Ideas
Everyone loves leftover meatloaf, it tastes better the next day!
- Make a hearty meatloaf sandwich with lettuce and onions on Naan Bread or slice it thinly and top a salad.
- Top leftover meatloaf with a slice of American cheese and reheat it under the broiler until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Or, break up meatloaf into small pieces and add to a soup, stew, or pasta sauce and serve over spaghetti. So many options!
So Much Meatloaf!
- Air Fryer Meatloaf – easy clean-up
- Parmesan Chicken Meatloaf – stuffed with Mozza
- Instant Pot Meatloaf – cooks with potatoes
- Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf – a reader fave
- Mini Meatloaf Muffins – freezer friendly
Did you make this Mini Chicken Meatloaf? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Mini Chicken Meatloaf
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup onion finely diced
- 1 rib celery finely diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 pound ground chicken
- ⅓ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons carrot grated
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup tomato sauce
- ¼ cup chili sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Cook onion, celery, and garlic in olive oil over medium heat until softened. Cool completely.
- Mix all meatloaf ingredients in a large bowl just until combined.
- Divide the mixture into 4 and shape into mini meatloaves. Combine topping mixture.
- Top with topping mixture and bake 22-25 minutes or until the center of the loaf reaches 165°F.
- Cool 5 minutes before serving.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)