This is an easy and versatile recipe that tastes great on pasta or used to prepare lasagna! You can use any combination of vegetables you have on hand… red peppers, chopped zucchini and mushrooms all are great additions!
I have prepared this and frozen batches of it for a quick weeknight meal!
Easy Meat Sauce
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great recipes!
- 2 cups canned , diced tomatoes
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 1 large onion , diced
- 1 green bell pepper , diced
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 1/4 cup chopped , fresh parsley leaves
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- In a large pot, brown ground beef, onions and garlic. Drain any fat.
- Add in all remaining ingredients. Simmer covered on low for 1 hour stirring occasionally. Remove lid and simmer an additional 15 minutes or until sauce has thickened. Remove bay leaves before serving.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Adapted from Lady and Sons Lasagna