Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf says homemade comfort food like no other. This easy meal is a twist on a traditional meatloaf recipe, by wrapping it in bacon and brushing it with a delicious sticky meatloaf glaze!
Moist and flavorful, this is the ultimate comfort food!
Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf
Meatloaf is practically synonymous with American cuisine and belongs in every cook’s repertoire. A traditional meatloaf recipe is made with seasoned ground beef combined with egg and bread or cracker crumbs as a binder, then shaped into a loaf and baked.
And we all know that everything is better with bacon from bacon wrapped chicken to Bacon Wrapped Asparagus! In this case, a juicy meatloaf is wrapped in for enhanced flavor and to keep the meat lusciously moist.
How to Make Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf
Easy bacon wrapped meatloaf comes together quickly, especially if you’re not afraid to mix it with your hands! This recipe comes together in 3 easy parts.
Start with the Glaze:
- Whisk together the ketchup and chili sauce glaze and set aside.
Make the Meatloaf:
- Dice onion and green pepper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except bacon and glaze.
- Place the mixture in a pan and shape into a loaf (I like to use a rack with a little piece of parchment paper to allow fat to drip off).
Wrap with Bacon and Bake:
- Brush with glaze, wrap the loaf with bacon, covering top and sides and tucking in the ends.
- Again brush with the glaze and bake.
Be sure to allow your meatloaf to rest at least 15 minutes after removing from the oven so it will slice neatly without falling apart.
Times & Temperatures
Meatloaf is made with raw ground beef and eggs so be sure to cook it well done. A 2lb bacon wrapped meatloaf will need about 60-70 minutes at 375°F (a 3lb meatloaf needs closer to 80-90 minutes).
I love to make extras any time I make a great meatloaf recipe. Leftovers make for a quick meal or a perfect sandwich.
Fridge: Bacon wrapped meatloaf will last about 3-4 days in the fridge. It can be reheated in the oven or even the microwave.
Freezer: You can safely freeze leftovers once cooled. I prefer to freeze in individual slices to make it easy to reheat and serve.
Meatloaf is the perfect main dish for hearty meat ‘n potatoes meal. Serve it with:
- Perfect Mashed Potatoes
- Scalloped Potatoes
- Green Bean Casserole
- Homemade Mac and Cheese Casserole
- Easy Oven Roasted Potatoes
Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf
- 1 small onion finely diced
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ green pepper finely diced
- 1 cup cracker crumbs crushed
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon each salt & pepper or to taste
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 pounds ground beef
- ¼ cup fresh parsley chopped
- 8-10 slices bacon
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- ⅓ cup chili sauce
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine glaze ingredients. Set aside.
- Cook onion over medium heat in 1 tablespoon olive oil 5 minutes or until tender (this step is optional but produces a milder onion flavor). Cool completely.
- Combine onions, eggs, milk, green pepper, cracker crumbs, seasonings, Worcestershire sauce, ¼ cup of glaze, and beef in a large bowl.
- Line a rimmed baking pan with foil and top with metal rack. Add a piece of parchment paper just slightly larger than your meat loaf will be.
- Form beef into a 9x5" loaf and place on the parchment. Brush with glaze.
- Wrap meatloaf with bacon tucking the ends under the bottom of the loaf. Brush the loaf with the glaze mixture and bake 45 minutes.
- Brush again with glaze and bake another 30 minutes or until meatloaf reaches 160°F.
- Rest 15 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.