Fresh chives and bacon bits makes this side look elegant although it’s VERY simple to prepare! This recipe can be made ahead of time and just roasted prior to serving!
Make sure you make the oil mixture first and allow it to set, this allows the rosemary flavor to infuse into the oil! I generally use fresh garlic when cooking but at a temperature this high, the garlic just tends to burn and doesn’t add flavor so in the recipe I’ve used garlic powder.
Oven Roasted Rosemary Smashed Potatoes
- 2 lbs baby potatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper sprinkle on top
- sour cream
- bacon bits
Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, rosemary, garlic powder, balsamic vinegar and pepper. Set aside to allow flavors to blend.
- Wash potatoes and boil on high for 20 minutes. Drain and allow to cool on a towel for about 20 minutes.
Smash until about 1/2" high using the heel of your hand. (You can store smashed potatoes covered in the fridge for up to 2 days... and continue with the recipe prior to serving).
- Line a pan with foil and spray with no-stick spray. Very generously brush each potato with oil from the olive oil mixture. The rosemary bits will most likely sink to the bottom, once all potatoes are brushed, add the bits of rosemary to the top.
- Roast potatoes in the oven 30-40 minutes, flipping after 20 minutes or until browned and crispy.
- Serve with toppings as desired.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)