These Instant Pot Egg Bites are an easy and healthy breakfast made in the pressure cooker!
Mix and match your favorite fillings and you have a freezer-friendly, make-ahead breakfast that will keep you going throughout the day! Egg bites are great for snacks, and make portable lunches too!
We are loving these egg bites because they are so easy to make, and they reheat perfectly on a busy morning. They’re a great source of protein so they get us through a full morning!
EGGS Whole eggs are used in this recipe, but you can certainly use egg whites if that’s what you prefer! I usually figure two egg whites equals one egg. You can use all egg whites, or add in a few whole eggs, as long as the math adds up!
MILK Adding milk makes these egg bites super creamy! Use cream or almond milk if you don’t have milk.
SEASONINGS These egg bites are simply delicious, using only salt & pepper as seasonings. Why not try adding your own seasoned salt, cajun seasoning, or even taco seasoning to give these egg bites a kick?
ADD-INS This recipe calls for green onions, cheese, and chopped ham, but the sky is the limit! Have some fun with your flavors, adding in up to 1 tablespoon of add-ins per cup.
CHEESE So many different cheeses would taste delicious! Mozza, Monterey Jack, Gruyere, basically any cheese you have on hand!
How To Make Instant Pot Egg Bites
Making these egg bites in the Instant Pot is so easy, and they’re great for breakfast all week long!
- Mix together egg mixture (per recipe below) and pour evenly into well greased silicone molds.
- Place add-ins into egg mixture and cover mold tightly with lid or tin foil; place on trivet.
- Pour water into the Instant Pot liner and lower trivet with the mold into the Instant Pot.
- Put the lid on, pressure cook with high pressure for 8 minutes. Turn Instant Pot off and let pressure release naturally for 10 minutes.
- Pull trivet & mold out of Instant Pot, unwrap, & gently pop egg bites out of mold onto a plate.
What to Serve Egg Bites With
These Egg Bites taste amazing all by themselves, but if you’re feeding a crowd they taste great served alongside hashbrown breakfast casserole and some rainbow fruit kabobs! Or, serve with bacon and avocado toast with mimosas for brunch!
More Instant Pot recipes you’ll love:
- Instant Pot Cheesecake – so luscious and creamy!
- Instant Pot Goulash – a family favorite.
- Instant Pot Meatloaf – classic comfort food made easier!
- Instant Pot Oatmeal – another healthy Instant Pot breakfast!
- Instant Pot Spaghetti – a 30-minute meal!
Did you love these Instant Pot Egg Bites? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Instant Pot Egg Bites
- 5 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- ¼ cup ham chopped
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 tablespoon green onions sliced
- 1 cup water
- In a medium liquid measuring cup, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper.
- Grease a silicone 7 egg bite mold with non stick spray and divide egg mixture between cups.
- Divide ham, cheese, and green onion between cups - no need to stir! They will sink down.
- Place cover on mold or wrap tightly with tin foil. Place mold on trivet.
- Pour water (1.5 cups for an 8 quart) into the Instant Pot liner and lower the trivet with the mold into the Instant Pot.
- Put the lid on, turn the valve to sealing, and select Manual or Pressure Cook, high pressure for 8 minutes. It will take 5-10 minutes to come to pressure and begin counting down.
- Once the cook time is up, turn the Instant Pot off and let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes before opening the valve to release remaining pressure.
- Pull trivet and mold out of Instant Pot, unwrap, and gently pop egg bites out of mold onto a plate. They will be hot!
- As they cool they may deflate slightly, but they will still be delicious.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!