A Strawberry Banana Smoothie is the best ever breakfast recipe! With just a handful of ingredients, a couple of minutes and whirr in the blender, you’ve got yourself a delicious meal on the go!
To make this smoothie even quicker, store the ingredients in individual servings in the freezer along with your favorite add ins for a quick snack on the go!
Strawberry Banana Smoothies for Breakfast
One of the more simple smoothie recipes for beginners and pros alike, is the infamous strawberry smoothie recipe.
A good homemade smoothie recipe has fresh fruits that complement each other (think strawberry banana yogurt smoothie), add a splash of milk, yogurt and a dash of honey if you’d like and you’ve got a sweet snack that will nourish and fuel your body for hours!
If you are looking for a quick pick-me-up after a workout or are recovering from a cold and have had enough Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup, you’ll love sipping on a vitamin packed strawberry banana smoothie!
Chock full of gut comforting calcium, vitamin C, and fiber, this such a great smoothie recipe! What we eat can truly transform our bodies, and with a solid supply of easy smoothie recipes on deck, it’s easy to get creative while getting healthy! Even kids love a good banana smoothie(mine used to consider it a dessert)!
How to Make a Strawberry Banana Smoothie
So, easy, the kids can do it, that’s how! Easy fruit smoothie recipes start off with fresh or frozen strawberries and bananas. I prefer to use frozen fruit if I have it, this means I don’t need to add any ice to make it cold or water it down. Lots of supermarkets sell frozen smoothie fruit medleys so it’s easier than ever! If your fruit is not frozen, you’ll want to add some ice to give it a frosty chill.
What to Put in a Smoothie
Any number of great things can be put into a smoothie! That’s why they are so popular! The trick is creating the right ratio of vegetables & fruit so your creation is not only good for you, but tasty too (my kids used to consider them dessert)!
The best thing about a smoothie is that it’s really easy to make your own!
- Milk: Cow’s milk, almond, rice, hemp, coconut… the sky’s the limit!
- Juice: Lots of juices like apple, orange or grape can add a little sweetness and change up the flavor of this strawberry banana smoothie recipe.
- Yogurt: Greek yogurt or regular work. If you’re using unsweetened yogurt, you might like to add a squeeze of honey to sweeten it.
- Just for Fun: Add in your favorites like chocolate syrup, almonds or peanut butter!
- Ice: If you use fruit that is not frozen, you’ll want to add some ice to give it a frosty chill.
The Right Blender for Smoothies
There is no “wrong” blender for smoothies. You’ll want a blender that has a fairly strong motor and can easily break down ice or frozen fruit. Depending on the other uses and frequency of use, a blender may or may not be an item you’d like to splurge on.
My favorite picks…
- I have a BlendTec blender which I love. I use it frequently for everything from (of course) smoothies, soups and hummus to caesar salad dressing.
- The Ninja Blender is a great price for a blender and perfect if you’re looking for a solid blender under $100! This blender has great reviews on Amazon (and at the time of posting this recipe it was on for about $68) with great reviews!
- If you don’t blend a ton, it wouldn’t make sense to invest in an expensive appliance. Consider a simple hand blender (many can blend ice/frozen) I use mine to blend soups like my 20 Minute Broccoli Cheese Soup.
- I also have a magic bullet blender (I’ve used mine about a million times) that’s perfect for smoothies, blending spices and I even use it to make fresh bread crumbs.
More Easy Breakfast Recipes You’ll Love
- Make Ahead Egg Muffins – Make Ahead!
- Blueberry Baked Oatmeal
- Overnight Refrigerator Oatmeal – Easy!
- 4 Ingredient Everything Crescent Rolls
- Banana Muffins – Freezer Friendly
Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 2 cups strawberries frozen
- 1 banana fresh or frozen
- 1 cup milk or almond milk
- 2 teaspoons honey optional
- ½ teaspoon chia seeds optional
- Place frozen fruit in the blender, add remaining ingredients.
- Blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
- Leftover blended smoothie can be frozen in cubes for future use.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)