This Instant Pot Spaghetti recipe makes a meat sauce that is so rich and loaded with flavor!
Simply brown beef in the Instant Pot and add in all of your sauce ingredients and uncooked spaghetti for a complete meal at the touch of a button!
Everything from boiled eggs and melt-in-your-mouth ribs to chili and pulled pork can be made in the Instant Pot! For this easy recipe, just toss everything in the Instant Pot, whip up a quick tossed salad and you are good to go.
How to Cook Spaghetti in an Instant Pot
- Brown: Set the instant pot to saute and brown ground beef, onion, and garlic until the ground beef is fully cooked. Drain fat if needed although I use lean beef and if there is a little fat, we leave it for flavor!
- Add: Break spaghetti in half so it fits and add it to the instant pot along with the remaining ingredients.
- Cook: Secure lid and set to manual/high pressure/8 minutes.
Quick-release the pressure once done and let rest 5-10 minutes. Serve immediately with cheese, parsley, and maybe a slice of homemade garlic bread.
Tips for Success
- Deglaze Deglaze the brown bits on the bottom of the pan after browning the meat, this helps avoid the dreaded burn notice!
- Submerge Ensure the pasta is completely submerged in the sauce before cooking.
- Size This recipe has only been tested in a 6QT Instant Pot. If your IP is a different size, consult your manual.
- Rest Once cooked you will see liquid on the top, give it a stir an allow it to sit for at least 10 minutes uncovered. The pasta will continue to cook and the sauce will thicken.
Additions and Variations
Here is a list of delicious mix-ins to add to instant pot spaghetti!
- Veggies: diced bell peppers, sliced mushrooms, shredded carrots, zucchini
- Cheese: grated parmesan cheese, cheddar cheese, or any cheese you prefer
- Meat: ground seasoned sausage, turkey, or even make this meatless
You could even toss in some frozen meatballs and let them thaw and reheat as the sauce and dry noodles cook! Let your instant pot do all the work in one pot!
Leftover spaghetti makes a lunch or dinner the next day, in fact, just like chili it’s almost better next day! It’ll keep in the fridge up to 4 days.
No need to re-season, just reheat (and maybe re-cheese)! Kids love a hot lunch and a couple of scoops of instant pot spaghetti in a covered container can easily be reheated at school! For work, just pop into the microwave!
Easy Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Chili – great for crowds!
- Instant Pot Pulled Pork – juicy & succulent pork!
- Instant Pot Chicken and Rice – one-pot comfort food
- Instant Pot Salisbury Steak – savory hearty main dish!
- Instant Pot Beef Stew – so simple & delicious
Instant Pot Spaghetti
Turn a 6QT Instant Pot onto saute. Cook beef, onion and garlic until browned and no pink remains. Drain fat if there is more than 1 tablespoon or so.
Add water and scrape any brown bits. Break spaghetti in half and add spaghetti, tomatoes, marinara, seasoning, and wine. Press the pasta so it is in the sauce.
- Close the lid and select manual, high pressure for 8 minutes.
Once completed, quick release pressure and stir. Rest 5-10 minutes.
- Stir in cheese and parsley. Serve immediately.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)