Talk about easy! Instant Pot Spaghetti has a thick hearty meat sauce all cooked in one pot (including the pasta)!
Brown ground beef in the Instant Pot and then stir in sauce ingredients and some uncooked spaghetti. Voila! Dinner in one pot in minutes.
This is The Perfect Recipe Because…
- It tastes like it’s been cooking all day but really, it’s a fast meal!
- A from-scratch sauce with pasta in under an hour… perfection!
- You can add in any kind of veggies (even leftovers or shredded zucchini) to up the veggie intake.
- One pot and pretty much set it and forget it, this recipe couldn’t be easier.
How to Cook Spaghetti in an Instant Pot
- Brown Meat Brown the beef using the saute setting on the Instant Pot. If your meat has a lot of fat, drain it but if there’s just a little, leave it for flavor.
- Add Pasta & Sauce Add spaghetti and sauce ingredients per the recipe below.
- Cook Secure lid and set to manual/high pressure/8 minutes.
Quick-release the pressure once done and let rest 5-10 minutes. Serve immediately with cheese, parsley, and maybe a slice of homemade garlic bread.
It is important to let this sauce rest after it has cooked. Once cooked you may need to break apart a few of the noodles with a fork.
The sauce may seem a little bit thin when you open the lid but as it cools and the pasta continues to soak up the sauce, it’ll thicken up beautifully and the pasta will become tender!
Tips for Success
- Deglaze the brown bits on the bottom of the pan after browning the meat, this helps avoid the dreaded burn notice!
- Submerge Ensure the pasta is completely submerged in the sauce before cooking.
- Size This recipe has only been tested in a 6QT Instant Pot. If your IP is a different size, consult your manual.
- Rest Once cooked you will see liquid on the top, give it a stir an allow it to sit for at least 10 minutes uncovered. The pasta will continue to cook and the sauce will thicken.
Got Meatballs?! You could even toss in some frozen meatballs and let them thaw and reheat as the sauce and dry noodles cook! Let your instant pot do all the work in one pot.
Leftover spaghetti makes a lunch or dinner the next day, in fact, just like chili it’s almost better next day! It’ll keep in the fridge up to 4 days.
No need to re-season, just reheat (and maybe re-cheese)! Kids love a hot lunch and a couple of scoops of instant pot spaghetti in a covered container can easily be reheated at school! For work, just pop into the microwave!
Easy Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Chili – great for crowds
- Instant Pot Pot Roast
- Instant Pot Pulled Pork – juicy & succulent pork
- Instant Pot Lentil Soup
- Instant Pot Chicken and Rice – one-pot comfort food
- Instant Pot Mushroom Risotto
- Instant Pot Salisbury Steak – savory hearty main dish
- Instant Pot Egg Bites
- Instant Pot Beef Stew – so simple & delicious
Instant Pot Spaghetti
- Turn a 6QT Instant Pot onto saute. Cook beef, onion and garlic until browned and no pink remains. Drain fat if there is more than 1 tablespoon or so.
- Add water and scrape any brown bits. Break spaghetti in half and add spaghetti, tomatoes, marinara, wine, and Italian seasoning. Press the pasta so the sauce covers it.
- Close the lid and select manual, high pressure for 8 minutes.
- Once completed, quick release pressure and stir. Rest 5-10 minutes.
- Stir in cheese and parsley. Serve immediately.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)