Egg Roll in a Bowl is so packed with flavor! This low carb meal has an unmistakable egg roll flavor that everyone loves!
If you are fresh out of egg roll or wonton wrappers (or just want to cut some carbs) this is the perfect way to still satisfy your craving! Great for a crowd, try serving it as an entrée over white rice or noodles, or even zoodles!
What’s in Egg Roll in a Bowl
A delicious array of Asian-inspired ingredients that come together in a jiffy!
GROUND PORK The classic egg roll filling is made with ground pork, but feel free to substitute it for beef or chicken. For a vegetarian option try doubling up on the veggies or using ground tofu!
VEGGIES We love the addition of the coleslaw mix but for some extra heartiness and your own favorite veggies from celery to cauliflower, water chestnuts or mini corn!
I keep this low carb but if you crave a little crunch, add some fried wonton strips or baked wonton chips.
Egg roll in a bowl is totally customizable! Try switching it up with the following additions:
- NUTS: roasted, chopped peanuts or cashews.
- SAUCE: hoisin sauce, sriracha, or red chile paste.
How to Make Egg Roll in a Bowl
Who doesn’t love all-in-one bowls and this Chinese inspired dish is especially easy to make!
- Brown ground pork and drain the fat.
- Add onions whites, ginger, garlic and coleslaw mix.
- Saute until the slaw is tender and add soy sauce and sesame oil.
To serve, garnish with cilantro, the green portions of the onions, and extra sesame seeds.
Not only is this great as leftovers, I often intentionally double the recipe so I can freeze servings for lunches. It’s SO good.
For best results, put leftover egg roll in a bowl in a container with a tight-fitting lid. It should keep about three days but it also freezes well if needed.
To reheat, simply pop it in the microwave, give it a good stir and refresh the flavors with a dash of soy sauce, red chile paste (for added heat!) and salt and pepper.
More Take Out Favorites
- Sesame Ramen Noodles – flavorful quick dish!
- Homemade Wonton Soup – great weeknight meal
- Beef and Broccoli – 30 min meal!
- Kung Pao Shrimp – spicy & savory
- Homemade Chow Mein – take-out at home
- Creamy Peanut Thai Noodles – quick & easy!
- Egg Drop Soup – low carb
Did you enjoy this Egg Roll in a Bowl? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Egg Roll in a Bowl
- 1 pound ground pork or chicken
- 4 green onions whites/greens separated
- 2 teaspoons ginger grated
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 pound coleslaw mix
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil or to taste
- cilantro & sesame seeds for garnish
- Brown pork in a pan until no pink remains. Drain fat.
- Add the whites of the green onions, ginger, garlic, and coleslaw mix.
- Cook until slaw is tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in soy sauce and sesame oil and stir until coated.
- Garnish with cilantro, greens of green onions, and sesame seeds and serve.
Chopped mushrooms, water chestnuts or other vegetables
Sriracha or hot sauce to taste
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!