This Egg Roll in a Bowl recipe is an easy go-to for lunch or a quick weeknight dinner.
This recipe is on the table in under 20 minutes with ground pork or turkey and shredded cabbage in a super easy sauce.
This easy dish is quick and versatile, add your own favorite veggies.
Egg Roll in a Bowl is SO Easy!
- Super easy: This egg roll recipe is ‘deconstructed’ so there’s no rolling or frying required!
- Clean out the fridge: A great way to use up leftover vegetables in the fridge. Finely chop or shred them and add them in. I often add cauliflower rice to stretch it even further.
- Perfect for prep: Double the batch and have ready-to-eat, healthy meals for days. It reheats beautifully in the microwave.
- Family favorite: Even the pickiest eaters will ask for seconds!
Ingredients for Egg Roll in a Bowl
Ground Meat – I use ground pork, turkey or chicken, or ground beef depending on what I have on hand! For a vegetarian version, try scrambled eggs or tofu.
Vegetables – Pre-made coleslaw mix or broccoli slaw is a great time-saver, but if you have cabbage, you can shred your own well. To add more to the mix, shredded carrots or cauliflower rice are both great options
Seasoning – Fresh minced garlic and ginger add so much flavor. If you don’t have minced garlic, use 1 teaspoon of garlic powder in place. I use low-sodium soy sauce, replace it with coconut aminos or tamari if needed.
How to Make an Egg Roll in a Bowl
This one-pan stir fry is fast and healthy; it’ll be on rotation all year long!
- Brown ground meat and drain fat per the recipe below.
- Add the whites of the green onions, ginger, garlic, and coleslaw mix and saute until slaw is tender.
- Mix in soy sauce and sesame oil. Garnish with cilantro, green onions, and sesame seeds, and serve hot.
Serving & Storage
Serve egg roll in a bowl as it is or over Instant Pot rice, ramen noodles, or even low-carb zoodles. A crispy, cold side of easy Asian slaw or a side of sesame ginger snap peas are the perfect sides to this tasty dish.
Keep leftovers in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days and reheat on the stovetop or in the microwave.
Did you enjoy this Egg Roll in a Bowl? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Egg Roll in a Bowl
- 1 pound ground chicken or ground pork
- 4 green onions whites/greens separated
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger grated
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound coleslaw mix or shredded cabbage
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil or to taste
- cilantro & sesame seeds for garnish
- In a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat, brown the ground chicken or pork, breaking it up with a wooden spoon. Drain any fat.
- Stir in the whites of the green onions, ginger, garlic, and coleslaw mix. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the coleslaw becomes tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in soy sauce and sesame oil and cook for 1 minute more.
- Divide into bowls and garnish with cilantro, greens of green onions, and sesame seeds.
- Chopped mushrooms, bean sprouts, chopped water chestnuts
- Sriracha or red pepper flakes to taste
- Nuts like cashews or crushed peanuts
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!