Bacon in the Oven – truly the easiest way to cook it! After learning how to make bacon in the oven, I will never go back to pan frying it again! It comes out perfectly crisp every time.
Bacon in the Oven
I truly love bacon but the one thing I always disliked about bacon is what a disaster it can make when frying. Gone are the days where I stand over a bubbling popping frying pan of bacon while my stovetop gets splattered in grease.
How Do You Cook Bacon In The Oven
It is simple! Begin by laying the bacon out on a baking sheet (line it with foil if you’d like). While some oven fried bacon recipes suggest a rack, I find allowing the bacon to sit in its own drippings helps it crisp better (instead of drying out).
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place bacon on a rimmed baking sheet. To save space on your pan, flip every second piece so the bigger side is opposite the previous.
- Bake the bacon 18 minutes or until the bacon reaches the desired level of crispiness (no need to flip it).
- Remove the bacon from the pan and place on paper towels to drain grease.
How To Cook Turkey Bacon In The Oven
Turkey bacon lovers, rejoice! Turkey bacon will cook the same as regular bacon in the oven, but it takes a bit less time (about 11-13 minutes). Turkey bacon makes a great substitute in most recipes!
My Favorite Bacon Recipes
- Bacon Green Bean Bundles – Make ahead!
- Warm Bacon Cheese Dip
- Bacon Cheeseburger Bombs – Great for lunches!
- Brown Sugar Bacon Wrapped Smokies
- Dill Pickle Bacon Grilled Cheese – Favorite recipe!
- Bacon Avocado Deviled Eggs
How To Cook Bacon In The Oven
- 1 package bacon
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Arrange bacon on baking sheet.
Bake for 18-20 minutes or until bacon is crisp.
Transfer to paper towel lined plate.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
REPIN this Easy Recipe