If you’re in the mood for a simple and delicious breakfast, this is the perfect option.
Not only is avocado toast easy to make and delicious, but you can change it up with the topping ideas below (or your own favorites)!
It’s the perfect start to your day with healthy fats to keep you satisfied.
Avocados Make a Healthy Hearty Breakfast
- Avocado toast is faster and healthier than hitting the drive-thru!
- It’s a great source of healthy fats and fiber, which will keep you fueled up all day long.
- This avocado toast recipe isn’t just for breakfast! It makes a great post-workout snack.
- Add a fried egg or your own favorite toppings (check out my favorites below) for a colorful and delicious meal that’s perfect for the ‘gram.
- Get creative with your toppings! You can add anything from sliced tomatoes and cucumbers to crispy bacon and hot sauce.
- For an easy appetizer, try making mini toasts with homemade crostini.
Avocados – Choose soft and ripe avocados with intact skin. Mash or arrange slices as desired. To switch up the flavors, add in a DIY seasoning like everything bagel seasoning or even homemade lemon pepper seasoning.
Bread – Any bread from whole wheat to a slice of sourdough is perfect for avocado toast! Or make homemade garlic toast or plain white bread.
How to Make Avocado Toast
The Basics: Most of us know how to make simple avocado toast – slice bread, toast until golden brown, remove the pit, mush avocado on toast, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Toppings for Avocado Toast – Avocado toast is great when it’s simple with just a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil, some flaky sea salt & ground black pepper, and a squeeze of lemon, but change it up with any of the variations below.
More Quick Breakfast Favorites
Did you enjoy this Avocado Toast recipe? Leave us a rating and a comment below!
- 1 avocado ripe
- 2 slices bread any kind, sourdough is my favorite
- 1 clove garlic cut in half (skin on)
- salt and pepper
- lemon juice optional, from a fresh lemon is best
- extra virgin olive oil good quality
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit.
- Toast the bread to your liking.
- While the toast is still hot, lightly rub the surface with the cut side of the fresh garlic clove.
- Scoop out the avocado flesh with a spoon and use a fork to mash it onto the toast.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- If desired, drizzle with fresh lemon juice and olive oil or add the toppings below. Serve immediately.
- everything bagel seasoning
- fried egg and crispy bacon bits
- lox, capers, minced onion
- tomato, bocconcini, basil, balsamic glaze
- sriracha and honey
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
when I was young my mother use to give use avocado with a slice of itlian bread so your recipes came in handy thank you I’ll try then thank you, have a great holiday.
I like sprinkling lemon pepper on mine!
My favorite topping is a dusting of Tajin, a Mexican spice blend of chili, salt and dehydrated lime juice.
That sounds delicious John!
just love avocado toast, I will sometimes make your egg salad to top off the avocado toast , so good!
A quick and easy breakfast that tastes good.
Brown toast with mayo, mashed avocado with sunnyside up egg and salt & pepper – Yum!
I love rye bread toast with butter or peanut butter, I absolutely love avocados, I’m asking for a recipe for a good avocado to spread on my toast. Please send one or a few avocado spreads to use on my rye bread toast. And maybe a avocado pasta salad. Something good for me as I’m trying to lose . I’m shooting for losing 50 pounds. Thank you so much in advance.
Hi Linda, We love this avocado pasta salad and this avocado dip would make for a great spread on toast. You will have to let us know what you think of them!
This was the best avocado toast I’ve ever had. Added the EVOO and lemon at the end.
Mmmm, that sounds like the perfect way to finish making avocado toast Barb! Glad you loved it!
LOVE ALL YOUR RECIPES. PERFECT DIRECTIONS TOO.
So glad you’ve loved them Adam! Happy Cooking!
So yummy and easy. I left out the lemon juice because I didn’t have any. Have made this for breakfast and it’s so easy! Thanks!