Hamburger seasoning is the perfect addition to any homemade burger recipe!
A Flavorful All-Purpose Seasoning
Ingredients and Variations
SALT: Kosher salt has larger grains and is great in this recipe. If you have table you can use that but will need to reduce the quantity slightly. Flavored or smoked salts can also be used.
SEASONINGS: Paprika, onion powder, black pepper, garlic powder, mustard powder, and smoked paprika will add flavor to any recipe.
But spice it up with cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes, or add a little dried oregano, parsley, even some dried lemon peel.
How to Make Hamburger Seasoning
Simply whisk all ingredients (per the recipe below) in a bowl.
Once combined, this mixture can be kept in a dry cool place in the pantry for 6 months. It can either be mixed into or sprinkled onto your favorite hamburgers before cooking (fresh or frozen).
More Savory Spice Mixes
Try any one of these other tasty seasoning blends!
- Salmon Seasoning – so easy to make flavorful fish
- Homemade Lemon Pepper Seasoning – fresh & zesty
- Chicken Seasoning – way better than store-bought
- Fajita Seasoning – control the heat level
- Blackened Seasoning – savory & spicy
- Homemade Cajun Seasoning – so versatile
What did you think of this homemade Hamburger Seasoning? Leave us a comment and a rating below!
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 ½ teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Whisk all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Use 2 teaspoons per pound of beef (or to taste) for making hamburgers plus additional to season during cooking.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!