This Homemade Ranch Seasoning Recipe is made from an easy mix! So simple to make and super handy to keep in your pantry, homemade ranch dressing mix makes the best ranch dressing.
This easy ranch seasoning mix is also perfect to make dips, dressings and to add zest to our favorite meals and recipes!
Ranch Seasoning is a flavor I love and a pantry staple in my home. I use it to create dressings, dips and to replace ranch dressing packets when I need one in a recipe like Spinach Artichoke Cheese Ball or if I happen to run out of Ranch Dip for veggies!
Most of the dry ranch seasoning mix ingredients are simple and likely already found in your pantry. Onion powder, onion flakes, dill, parsley, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and dried chives give this delicious seasoning mix its flavor!
What is Buttermilk Powder?
Buttermilk is the residual liquid left over during the butter-making process. Buttermilk powder is created by dehydrating the buttermilk until it’s in a powder form.
Surprisingly, buttermilk powder is low in fat so it’s the perfect addition to your recipes and will add a slightly creamy tang!
How to Make Homemade Ranch Seasoning
This ranch seasoning mix could not be easier to make! Simply combine all of the ingredients together and store in an airtight container in a dark place for up to 6 months.
The great thing about this ranch seasoning is that you can add your own favorites to make it just right for your family! Cut the salt for a low sodium version, add a dash of cayenne for some heat or some parmesan for a cheesy ranch seasoning.
Why Homemade Ranch Dressing
Dry ranch dressing mix is such a versatile item to have on hand in your kitchen! Not only does it make the most fantastic dip and dressing, you can add it anywhere you want that delicious, rich ranch flavor! Try adding it to a flour dredge when making chicken or fish. Or sprinkle it on popcorn, roasted potatoes or veggies. Add it to softened butter and brush on a toasted loaf for a unique twist on garlic bread!
This recipe makes approx. 1/2 cup which is the equivalent of about 3-4 packets of the purchased mix (depending on how much you use). Once you start making ranch seasoning at home, you’ll never buy it again!
Ranch Inspired Recipes You’ll Love
- Ranch Buffalo Pasta Bake
- Cheesy Ranch Spinach Dip Recipe
- Garlic Ranch Mashed Potatoes
- Ranch Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip
Homemade Ranch Seasoning (Dressing Mix)
- 1/2 cup buttermilk powder
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 teaspoon dill
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons onion flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons chives
- Combine all ingredients and mix well. Place in an airtight container and store up to 6 months.
To Make Dressing
- Add 3 tablespoons ranch seasoning mix, 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 1/2 cup sour cream and 3/4 cup milk. Stir until well combined and refrigerate at least 20 minutes before serving.
To Make Dip
- Combine 2 tablespoons ranch seasoning mix, with 1/2 cup mayonnaise & 1/2 cup sour cream. Add up to 1/2 cup milk to reach desired consistency. Stir will and refrigerate at least 20 minutes before serving.
To Replace 1 Envelope Ranch Dressing Mix
- Use 2 tablespoons ranch seasoning mix in place of 1 packet of ranch mix.