Chicken Seasoning is packed with fragrant, savory herbs and piquant spices for a little kick, this recipe makes any poultry dish special.
What to Season Chicken With
This chicken seasoning recipe combines dried ingredients, each with its own unique flavor, to create the perfect seasoning! Delicious on cooked turkey or oven baked chicken breasts or used in so many other ways!
- Savory: basil, parsley, sage, rosemary, thyme, sage
- Fragrant: garlic powder, onion powder, dill weed
- Piquant: paprika, pepper, cayenne, dried mustard powder
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl are directed in the recipe. Then pack the mixture in an airtight container. It will keep for up to 6 months, so we recommend making lots!
How to Season Chicken
It’s easy to make chicken when you have this seasoning on hand. Just sprinkle it liberally on the chicken before roasting, including the inside.
You can also use this as a rub for skinless chicken breasts or thighs.
- Mix equal parts of chicken seasoning and brown sugar.
- Rub on the chicken and allow to rest in the refrigerator for a minimum of one hour.
Once seasoned, cook using your desired cooking method!
How to Cook Seasoned Chicken
Seasoned chicken is best cooked by baking, roasting or grilled – especially on a beer can chicken! For safety, use a meat thermometer and check that the internal temperature registers 165°F.
Here are some tips to follow for juicy, tender results:
- Roasted – Whole turkey or chicken should be roasted at 20 minutes per pound in a preheated 375°F oven. For best results, cover with foil for most of the cooking time. Then remove the foil and give it an extra 20 minutes cooking to crisp up the skin.
- Baked – Seasoned and baked chicken legs can be brushed with olive oil before sprinkling with seasoning. Bake at 400°F for about 40 minutes. Boneless Baked Chicken Breasts need only 22-25 minutes.
- Grilled – Grilled boneless chicken breasts need 7-8 minutes per side while grilled bone in chicken takes 35-45 minutes.
You’ll never use store-bought poultry seasoning again once you’ve tried this amazing chicken seasoning recipe.
Stock Your Spice Cabinet!
- Italian Seasoning – perfect for pasta, soups, and stews!
- Cajun Seasoning – spicy southwestern flair!
- Ranch Seasoning – use as a dressing or seasoning
- Taco Seasoning Recipe – control your spiciness!
- Seasoned Salt – 6 simple ingredients
- 2 Tablespoons basil dried
- 2 Tablespoons rosemary crushed dried
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon dried thyme ground
- 2 Tablespoons paprika
- 2 Tablespoons dry mustard
- 1 Tablespoons onion powder
- 1 Tablespoon black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons parsley dried
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon salt or to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
Store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
- To use sprinkle over chicken before grilling, baking or frying.
- To use as a rub, combine 2 tablespoons of chicken seasoning with 2 teaspoons brown sugar or to taste.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)