This delicious salmon seasoning is perfect for making flavorful fish! This mixture is sprinkled on and the salmon can be cooked any way you like.
Double or triple the batch because it’s great on other meats (like pork chops) too!
A Favorite Fish
Salmon is a large and fatty fish that is loaded with Omega-3 fatty acids, protein, and antioxidants.
It has a rich and buttery flavor, and even the fried skin can be eaten!
This seasoning recipe enhances the flavor of salmon with a smoky, savory seasoning with a touch of garlic. Don’t forget to squeeze a bit of lemon on as well!
How to Season Salmon
So many home cooks love to eat salmon. It’s also a popular menu entrée in steakhouses and seafood restaurants everywhere. But lots of us can get nervous about how to prepare salmon, especially because it can be pretty pricey. This is one all-purpose magic seasoning mix that’s sure to be a favorite!
- Always season salmon right before cooking so the salt doesn’t begin to break down the flesh too soon.
- We also like to sprinkle it on the flesh before baking it in the oven or pan-frying it on the stovetop.
- Or add it to melted butter and brush on before cooking.
How to Cook Salmon
The shape and thickness of your salmon filet will determine how long it needs to cook. A thicker filet will need longer while a thinner and flatter filet will need less time. Check your salmon early to ensure it doesn’t overcook.
Salmon should be slightly translucent in the center and flake easily with a fork. Like many types of meat, once it is removed from its heat source, it will continue to cook internally as the outside cools and seals in the juices.
More Homemade Seasonings
- Blackened Seasoning – perfect on chicken or fish
- Everything Bagel Seasoning – only 5 ingredients
- Homemade Cajun Seasoning – so flavorful with a little kick
- Fajita Seasoning – ready in 5 minutes
- Homemade Taco Seasoning – 5 star recipe
Did you make this Salmon Seasoning? Be sure to leave a comment and a rating below!
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon thyme leaves optional
- Combine spices in a small bowl.
- Rub salmon fillets with olive oil.
- Sprinkle seasoning mixture over salmon fillets and bake, broil or grill to desired doneness.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)