Air fryer salmon is a tender and flaky fillet with a glazed top that just melts in your mouth!
Preparing salmon in the air fryer is the perfect way to cook salmon, it’s pretty much effortless.
Why Use an Air Fryer?
I’m obsessed with mine (I have this one here).
An air fryer makes everything so easy, and cooking salmon is no different! It cooks foods crisp and delicious in a fraction of the time with almost no extra dishes and clean up is a total breeze.
It’s certainly one of my most used appliances (no dust on mine, I literally use it every day for something)!
Simply preheat the air fryer, place the seasoned salmon in the fryer basket and cook! Clean up is a snap.
Ingredients & Variations
I used wild salmon fillets but fresh or frozen will work. Be sure to thaw them before placing in the Air Fryer. Keep in mind that thicker fillets will need more time while thinner ones will need less.
An air fryer is great because it’s easy to open and check if the fish is done and ready (check it early until you know how your appliance cooks).
This recipe uses just a touch of brown sugar, oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper, and a dash of lemon pepper!
Salmon has such a mellow flavor and it goes with all kinds of rubs, seasonings, sauces, and glazes. But why not brush on a glaze of hoisin sauce, teriyaki sauce, or even a simple cajun seasoning rub. Or, try placing orange or lemon slices beneath the salmon for a citrus flavor infusion!
How to Cook Salmon in an Air Fryer
It doesn’t get much simpler than two easy steps!
- Preheat air fryer and prepare salmon (per recipe below).
- Heat until the salmon is cooked through and the skin is crispy.
Tips for Perfectly Tender Salmon
- Choose pieces of salmon that are clean, brightly colored, and free of soft spots or discolorations in the filet or skin.
- Pat the salmon dry before adding the oil and seasonings. Press the seasonings into the salmon so it sticks before it is placed in the fryer basket.
- Do not overcook the salmon— follow the instructions on the air fryer but if you have one, use a meat thermometer to test the internal temperature. Check your salmon early to make sure it doesn’t overcook.
- Place the thermometer in the thickest part of the salmon and remove when the internal temp is 145° F.
- If left in the basket the salmon will continue to cook, once it’s done, remove from the basket immediately.
Delicious Salmon Dishes to Try!
- Sesame Ginger Salmon & Broccoli – one pan
- Asparagus Salmon Foil Packets – great for a make-ahead meal
- Herb Crusted Baked Salmon – tender & flaky
- Salmon Croquettes – baked or fried
- Honey Mustard Salmon – only takes 15 minutes
Did your family love this Air Fryer Salmon? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Air Fryer Salmon
- 2 salmon filets about 6 oz each
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 lemon plus extra for serving
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- Brush salmon with olive oil.
- Combine brown sugar and seasonings. Rub over salmon filets.
- Place lemon slices in the air fryer and place salmon on top. Cook 6-9 minutes* or just until cooked through.
- Do not overcook.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!