This is so delicious and was definitely loved by all of us! It’s actually pretty simple as it starts with frozen bread dough! I defrosted my dough in the microwave… be sure to do this on a low temperature so you don’t kill the yeast.
This doesn’t need to rise but I did put it on top of the oven while it preheated to give it a few minutes of rest! Enjoy! My kids like to dip it in warm pizza sauce or marinara sauce!
Pepperoni Roll Up
- 1 loaf of frozen bread dough
- 16 slices of thin pepperoni (I bought mine at the deli counter and had them slice it thinly)
- 1 ½ cups shredded italian cheese mix or mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- pinch of garlic powder
- ½ tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Defrost bread dough per package directions (I did mine in the microwave under the "defrost fish" setting). Roll dough out into a 12x12 square.
- Lay pepperoni out slightly overlapping to cover the dough. Sprinkle with italian seasoning.
- Top with shredded cheese. Roll up and brush the top with melted butter. Place on a pan and sprinkle with a pinch of italian seasoning, garlic powder and parmesan cheese.
- Place the pan on the stove (which is OFF) while you preheat the oven to 375°F (about 15 minutes). Bake 17-20 minutes or until golden. Serve warm.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Inspired by What about Pie!