This Supreme Pizza recipe is fully loaded with our favorite meats, veggies, and a generous helping of melty cheese!
Why order pizza when it is so much fun to make at home? Supreme Pizza has all the popular toppings you’d expect and the crust can be made as thin or thick as you like!
This recipe starts with a homemade pizza crust (and pizza sauce too!) for the best flavor.
Supreme Pizza Toppings
The list of toppings for supreme pizza can vary but the following are our favorites:
MEAT – pepperoni, sausage, salami, ham
VEGGIES – red onions, mushrooms, bell peppers, and olives.
CHEESE – Mozzarella and parmesan add great flavor don’t be shy, add lots! You can also go for a four cheese pizza blend (or a bought blend to save time).
More Great Additions
Try any of the following:
- spicy – jalapenos, chili flakes, banana peppers
- fresh – diced tomatoes, basil, fennel
- meaty – ground beef, Canadian bacon (or regular bacon)
Time Saving Tips
Looking to save time? Here are some great shortcuts.
- make big batches of pizza dough and sauce and freeze for pizza night
- use pre-made dough (Italian markets often sell great pizza dough)
- pre-shredded cheese blends are perfect on pizza
How to Make a Supreme Pizza
Homemade pizza has never been so easy! Just read on for a basic overview of the steps!
- Prepare dough and while it is rising, prep ingredients.
- Top pizza with sauce, toppings and of course cheese.
- Bake until bubbly and browned.
Let pizza sit about 10 minutes before slicing and serving, this keeps the cheese from sliding off.
PRO TIP: Before adding the oil to the prepared pizza dough, poke the surface of both crusts with a fork. This is called “docking” and prevents large bubbles from forming on the crust. It’s what professional pizzaiolos do!
How to Store & Reheat Leftover Pizza
- Nothing tastes better than leftover pizza! Even when it’s cold, it’s great for breakfast or a snack the next day!
- Why not put a leftover slice or two in a lunch box to reheat at school or work?
- This quick guide will show you the best way to reheat pizza for crispy, delicious slices every time!
More Pizza Faves
- How to Make Grilled Pizza
- Pizza Rolls
- Cauliflower Pizza Crust
- Cheesy Breakfast Pizza
- Margherita Pizza
- Quick and Easy Pizza Bagels
Did your family love this Supreme Pizza? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Homemade Supreme Pizza
- 1 pound store-bought pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons sugar or 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup warm water
- 4 tablespoons olive oil divided
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 to 4 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup pizza sauce or to taste
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese shredded
- ¼ pound cooked ground sausage or ground beef
- 2 ounces pepperoni chopped
- 1 ounce salami sliced, or other deli meat as desired
- ¼ cup bell pepper red or green
- ¼ cup black olives sliced
- 3 tablespoons red onion sliced
- 2 large mushrooms thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a small bowl, mix together the yeast, sugar, and water. Cover and let stand for 5-10 minutes, until bubbles form on top.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together yeast mixture, 2 tablespoons olive oil, and salt. Add in 3 cups of flour, a cup at a time, mixing after each addition. If the dough seems sticky, add more flour, a couple of tablespoons at a time.
- Turn the dough onto a floured surface and knead until slightly stiff, about 6 minutes.
- If time allows, let the dough rise for 1 hour.* If allowing to rise, punch the dough down before the next step.
- Lightly grease two pizza pans with oil. Roll out the dough and stretch to fill the pans. Use your fingers to press and stretch as needed.
- Let dough rise in pans for 10 minutes. Poke pizza dough with a fork all over.
- Brush pizza dough with remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and top with pizza sauce, toppings, and cheese as desired.
- Bake 15-18 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
What kind of pizza sauce do you use?
Any store bought or homemade pizza sauce will work Elyannah!
I ‘ve made this three times already. I used store bought dough abd crushed tomatoes instead of pizza sauce .Thanks for a great recipe .
So happy you love it, Kim!
Holly could you tell me the difference between Pizza sauce and speg. sauce. to put on pizza and if i have the speg. sauce what could i put in to put on the pizza thank you very much
Pizza sauce is typically uncooked ground tomatoes, whereas spaghetti sauce is cooked. Both will work on pizza if you only have spaghetti sauce!
I like pizza send me pizza recipe
You’re in the right spot Kamalof! Enjoy the pizza.
Can you make dough ahead of time?
If so, how long before you make pizzas would you have to pull dough out of fridge? Also, do you need to let it rise sgain?
Pizza dough can be made hours ahead of time and stored in the fridge. Rest on the counter for about 20 minutes and then roll to fit pans.
Greetings! This is my 1st comment here so I just wanted
to give a quick shout out and say I truly enjoy reading through your posts.