Jalapeno Popper Dip is my go to party appetizer. Rich cream cheese, spicy diced jalapenos and sharp cheddar are topped with crispy Panko bread crumbs and baked until warm and gooey. The result is the most incredible dip, reminiscent of the appetizer we all love so much!
There are very few things I love more than cheese. It is, by far, my favorite food and you’ll find no shortage of cheese recipes here! I also love anything with a little heat so, of course, I naturally love Jalapeno Poppers!
This easy appetizer takes the delicious flavors of Jalapeno Poppers and makes them into a totally delicious scoopable bite. Quick, easy, and totally addictive, this is the perfect party dip for any time of year and can be made up to 3 days ahead of time.
This Jalapeno Popper Dip first appeared on the blog in early 2013 and I can’t even count the number of times I’ve made it since then! It’s literally my daughter’s favorite recipe on my whole site and it’s the one thing that people ask me to bring to parties over and over again!
You can use fresh jalapenos or canned in this recipe. I usually use canned jalapenos because I prefer the flavor. If you’d like to use fresh jalapenos, I’d suggest roasting them first. This dip bakes until it gets warm and melty so if the jalapenos aren’t pre-cooked they’ll still be crunchy.
And just a note, I have successfully replaced the sour cream in this recipe with Greek yogurt several times. If you’re a bacon fan, you can add about 1/4 cup crisp chopped bacon into the mixture.
To prepare this jalapeno popper dip ahead of time, combine the ingredients as directed and spread it into the dish and refrigerate. Combine the topping ingredients and place them in a separate container or sandwich bag and sprinkle them on just before baking.
We like to serve this with bagel chips, tortilla chips, crackers or bread. It’s also delicious spooned into crisp wonton cups or rolled up in crescent rolls and baked.
Jalapeño Popper Dip
- 4 ounces diced jalapenos well drained OR 4-6 fresh jalapenos, roasted and diced (include seeds if you like it really spicy)
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- ¾ cup parmesan cheese shredded
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese shredded
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- With a mixer on medium, combine cream cheese, garlic powder and sour cream until fluffy.
- Add cheddar cheese, ¾ cup parmesan cheese, and diced jalapenos, mix well.
- Spread into an 8x8 baking dish.
- Combine bread crumbs, melted butter, ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese, and parsley.
- Sprinkle the crumb topping over the cream cheese mixture.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, or until hot and breadcrumbs are golden brown.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)