This easy pizza pasta bake features all of the pizza flavors you love in a delicious cheesy casserole! We add pepperoni, sausage and green pepper but feel free to add in your own favorite toppings such as mushrooms, olives or ham!
Pizza Pasta Bake is a super easy cheesy casserole with layers of pasta & tons of gooey cheese! This is one dish the whole family will easily agree on, it’s pretty hard to go wrong with a Pizza Pasta Casserole!!
You’ll want to make sure you use a good quality pasta sauce in this recipe… and I’ve even been known to replace some of the pasta sauce with a small can of pizza sauce for a little bit extra kick!
This recipe is not only really easy, it’s very versatile! Add in your own favorite pizza toppings or sneak in a bunch of extra veggies from your fridge and watch the kids gobble them up! (If your toppings are watery like mushrooms, be sure to cook them first so your dish doesn’t become watery!).
Items you you’ll need for this recipe
Pizza Pasta Bake
- 12 ounces uncooked medium pasta I used cavatappi but penne & rotini are also good choices
- 1 medium onion diced
- ½ pound italian sausage mild or hot, bulk or removed from casings
- ½ pound lean ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ½ red pepper diced
- ½ green pepper diced
- 1 can 14 ounces diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 4 cups pasta sauce
- 2-3 cups mozzarella cheese
- 28 slices pizza pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook pasta according el dente to package directions. Rinse under cold water and drain well.
- Brown onion, garlic, sausage and beef in a large pan over medium heat. Drain any fat. Add in red and green peppers and cook an additional 2-3 minutes. Add oregano, drained tomatoes and pasta sauce, stir well.
- Place pasta in a greased 9×13 pan. Pour meat sauce over pasta and top with cheese and pepperoni slices.
- Bake 35-40 minutes uncovered or until cheese is melted and pasta is heated through.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.