Looking for a no-holds-barred dessert recipe to die for? Peanut Butter Banana Refrigerator pie is your answer. This assembly of the world’s most favorite flavors is a dreamy combo of fudge sauce, peanut butter, bananas and whipped cream for the ultimate in sweet treats.
The ingredients are combined and layered in a crunchy chocolate cookie crust. This is a treat guaranteed to satisfy the most demanding chocoholic and sweet tooth.
You may remember this Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry recipe or that irresistible Cinnamon Toast Cake I posted a while back… they’re both from cookbooks written by one of my closest friends, Mary from Barefeet In the Kitchen! Guess what guys, Mary has come out with a new dessert cookbook and one that completes my collection… The Weeknight Dessert Cookbook!!
80 Desserts (and less than 15 min prep each)
What makes this dessert book so special? How about if I told you that ALL of the recipes in this book need only between 5 and 15 minutes to prepare. Say what?!
An entire book of dessert recipes that are crazy good, totally family approved and need just minutes of prep. Toss together a crumble or a pound cake in minutes and let it bake while you enjoy dinner. Get your copy here!
Tested and Tried
I’ve made a few recipes from the book already (and I’m not going to lie, I’ve enjoyed Mary’s baking countless times at her house too)… the chocolate pound cake in this book is to die for (we’ve made it 3x this month so far). I think I’d buy this book just to get my hands on the pound cake recipe (and of course this pie).
Guys, check out that crust below… and the fudge sauce. And the creamy PB layer. Your prayers have officially been answered. You’re welcome.
How to Make Refrigerator Pie
This creamy concoction is fun to make and smells wonderful. Grab your electric beater and follow these simple steps:
- Layer fudge sauce and bananas on a chocolate cookie crust (recipe below).
- Pour over the peanut butter, cream cheese, and whipped cream mixture.
- Refrigerate until firm.
Drizzle with chocolate sauce, top with sliced bananas, and enjoy!
You can dress this pie up by piping on some whipped cream before serving. Or, you could sprinkle some crushed salted peanuts on top for a crunchy finishing touch. Vanilla sandwich cookies or Nutter Butters cookies could serve as a substitute for the chocolate cookie crust as well.
The Perfect Gift for Giving (or Keeping)
I’ve added the recipe for this pie below but I know you’ll want to have your own copy of this book. It’s the perfect gift for any dessert lover (like yourself).
Gift Idea: Pair The Weeknight Dessert Cookbook with a basket including a pretty cake pan or 9×9 baking dish, some nice vanilla, pretty dessert spoons and of course some chocolate or caramel sauce (recipes right in the book for those too). The perfect gift for anyone!
Delicious Refrigerator Pies
- Lemon Oreo Icebox Cake – light, creamy, citrusy dessert!
- No Bake Pistachio Icebox Cake – just 10 mins to prepare
- Whipped Strawberry Icebox Cake – light, rich & no-bake!
- Mini Chocolate Icebox Cakes – perfect individual portions!
- No Bake Banana Split Icebox Cake– with all your fav toppings
Peanut Butter Banana Refrigerator Pie
Crust and First Layer
- 12 chocolate sandwich cookies
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- ¾ cup hot fudge sauce room temperature, plus additional for serving
- 2 bananas sliced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup heavy cream
Crust and First Layer
- Place cookies in a large freezer bag and crush using a rolling pin. Or pulse in a food processor.
- Combine crumbs with melted butter in a small bowl. Press into bottom of an 8x10 inch springform pan or pie plate.
- Pour fudge sauce over crust and place bananas in a single layer over the fudge sauce.
- In a medium bowl, whip heavy cream with an electric mixer for 2-3 minutes, or until soft peaks form.
- Add cornstarch and powdered sugar and beat until firm peaks form. Transfer to a plate or small bowl and set aside.
- Combine cream cheese, peanut butter, and vanilla in the same bowl used for whipped cream. Beat for 2 minutes, or until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar and beat for 1 minute. Add the heavy cream and beat for 30 seconds, or until smooth and creamy.
- Use a spatula to gently stir in the whipped cream until combined.
- Scoop the filling over the bananas and spread with a spatula to form an even layer.
- Place in pie in the refrigerator and chill for at least 2 hours, or until firm. Slice and drizzle with hot fudge sauce before serving.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)