If you’ve never made an icebox cake, you MUST try it! An icebox cake usually consists of layers of cookies alternated with layers of pudding, whipped cream or whipped topping. As the ‘cake’ sits overnight the cookies soak in some of the moisture from the whipped layer resulting in a soft cake-y texture.
This icebox cake recipe uses instant pistachio pudding combined with whipped topping to create a super simple and delicious treat! It will take you less than 10 minutes to put this dessert together and no baking is required making it the perfect make-ahead summer dessert! If you line your pan with foil first it’s easy to remove the cake and slice it into squares.
Items You’ll Need For This Recipe
PISTACHIO ICEBOX CAKE
- 18 Graham Crackers
- 2 packages 3.4 oz Instant Pistachio Pudding
- 2 1/4 cups cold milk
- 8 oz whipped topping
- Chopped pistachios for decorating optional
- Line an 8×8 pan with foil and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together milk & pudding mixes for 1 minute. Refrigerate 5 minutes.
- Remove 1 heaping cup of whipped topping and set aside. Fold remaining topping into pudding until combined.
- Layer 6 crackers in prepared pan. Top with half of pistachio mixture. Repeat layers ending withy crackers. Top with reserved whipped topping.
- Refrigerate overnight, cut into squares and serve.