Cream cheese pasta sauce tastes like a classic, rich, and creamy white sauce but is effortless to make!
Whisks down, this is the easiest pasta sauce recipe ever! This easy sauce is made super easy with cream cheese, garlic, broth and seasonings with lots of melty parmesan cheese! And it’s just the right sauce for any shape of pasta!
Easy Cheesy Pasta Sauce
- Make this velvety cheesy pasta sauce without flour or white wine—or any complicated steps!
- It’s ready to serve in just 20 minutes!
- A definite go-to sauce for any kind of pasta, but also a light sauce for proteins like chicken, pork, salmon, shrimp, or crab.
- Serve this multi-purpose cheesy pasta sauce as a dip for veggies, crackers, or breadsticks!
- Serving over pasta? Check out this guide on how to get perfect pasta every time!
What’s in Cream Cheese Pasta Sauce?
CREAM CHEESE Everyone will want to know the secret to this restaurant-level sauce that uses Philadelphia cream cheese in that iconic blue and grey box!
FLAVORS Some seasonings like basil and onion powder, a little garlic, and parmesan cheese give this sauce its light consistency and mild but savory flavor.
CHICKEN BROTH Feel free to use a carton or make Instant Pot Chicken Broth for use in so many recipes. Homemade chicken brother can be frozen in ice cubes to be defrosted as needed.
VARIATIONS Amp up the add-ins by mixing in sauteed sliced mushrooms, diced tomatoes, chopped spinach or kale, spring peas, or sliced brussels sprouts!
How to Make Cream Cheese Pasta Sauce
It doesn’t get any easier than this:
- Cook pasta as directed.
- Sauté garlic & seasonings (per recipe below), then stir in everything but parmesan cheese.
- Remove from heat & stir in cheese.
Tips for Perfect Pasta Sauce
- The key to a great sauce is making it super smooth! Make a thicker cheesy pasta sauce by stirring in heavy cream or sour cream, or make it thinner by stirring in some milk. Avoid using water as it will dilute the flavor.
- To speed up the cooking process and get a smooth sauce faster, set the cream cheese out about 30 minutes before using it.
How to Store
Keep leftover cream cheese pasta sauce in a covered container in the refrigerator for about 5 days. Freeze portions in zippered bags with the date labeled on the outside for up to 4 weeks. To add a creamy, cheesy flavor to mashed potatoes or soups, freeze cream cheese sauce in ice cube trays and pop one or two as needed!
Our Fave Flavorful Sauces
- Instant Pot Pasta Sauce – so rich and meaty
- Garlic Cream Sauce – perfect over pasta
- Ground Turkey Pasta Sauce – super easy to make
- Creamy Mushroom Sauce – ready in 20 minutes
- Easy Fresh Tomato Sauce – use fresh or canned tomatoes
Did your family love this Cream Cheese Pasta Sauce? Leave us a comment and a rating below!
Cream Cheese Pasta Sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 8 ounces cream cheese cubed
- ⅔ cup chicken broth or as needed
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese grated
- salt & pepper to taste
- pasta for serving
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is boiling, cook garlic in butter in a saucepan over medium heat until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add dried basil and onion powder. Whisk in cream cheese until melted and smooth.
- Add chicken broth a little bit at a time and simmer 3-4 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in parmesan cheese. Season with salt & pepper to taste and serve over pasta.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!