This is a beautiful summer dessert!
During the summer months, fresh strawberries are one of my favorite treats! Nothing says summer to me like the sweet tart flavor of amazing fresh strawberries from the market or garden!
This dessert is wonderfully easy and requires no baking (yay to not turning on the oven!). It is both light and rich at the same time (and is not too sweet). If you’ve never made an icebox cake before, they are wonderful and so easy!
Whipped Strawberry Icebox Cake (No Bake!)
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great recipes!
- 12 oz cream cheese
- 4 cups heavy cream , divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 cups diced strawberries
- Nilla Wafers Cookies (15 oz)
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 drop red food coloring (optional)
- Cream together cream cheese, sugar and lemon juice until soft and fluffy.
- Add 3 cups heavy cream and beat on medium until thickened and fluffy. Gently fold strawberries into the whipped cream mixture.
- Place a single layer of vanilla wafers in a 9x13 pan. Top with 1/3 of the cream mixture. Repeat layers 2 more times.
- Combine remaining cup of heavy cream, powdered sugar, vanilla and food coloring if using. Beat on medium high until thickened. Spread over icebox cake. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Top with additional strawberries and serve.