Grilled Chicken Kabobs with Vegetables uses minimal ingredients and is great for grilling season. The chicken, in a garlic and lemon ranch marinade, is so tender and flavorful and goes so well with the peppers and onion.
Grilled Chicken Skewers
When I think of grilling season, the first thing that comes to mind is chicken kabobs because they’re so easy to throw together.
Chicken and vegetables marinated in ranch dressing, lemon and garlic mixture, become so juicy and are fall-apart tender.
What is a Kabob?
A kabob is pieces of meat with or without vegetables seasoned or marinated and grilled on a skewer (metal or wood) (or even with fruit like Hawaiian Chicken Kabobs).
Tips for Making Grilled Chicken Kabobs
- If using wooden skewers, soak them for at least 10 minutes in water to prevent them from burning.
- Cut the chicken and peppers in uniform sizes so the meat cooks evenly.
- When coating the chicken and vegetables, coat generously so all the pieces are in the chicken kabob marinade.
- Grill chicken over medium heat. The heat will give the chicken a nice sear and cook thoroughly inside as well.
- Don’t OVERCOOK the chicken.
How Long to Grill Chicken Kabobs: We typically cook them from 12-15 minutes, or until a meat thermometer inserted into the largest part of the chicken reads 165°F.
What Vegetables Can I Use for Chicken Kabobs?
In this chicken kabob recipe, we used green and red pepper with red onion. However, you can use your favorite vegetables or a mixture of them. Here are some variations you can use:
- Red pepper, green pepper or orange pepper
- Red onion or sweet onion
Our Fave Summer Grilling Recipes
- Grilled Shrimp – sweet and tangy marinade
- Grilled Steak Fajitas – easy and delicious
- Hawaiian Chicken Kabobs – a rainbow of vegetables
- Grilled Pork Chops – tender and juicy
- Grilled Chicken Thighs – just 10 minutes prep!
Grilled Chicken Kabobs with Vegetables
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 1/2 red onion
Chicken Kabob Marinade:
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 3 Tablespoons oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper or to taste
Cut chicken and vegetables into uniform bize-sized pieces.
In a bowl or freezer bag, combine the Chicken Kabob Marinade ingredients.
Generously coat the chicken and vegetables in the marinade. Marinate 30 minutes or overnight.
- Thread chicken and vegetables onto skewers.
Grill 12-15 minutes, until meat reaches 165F, turning the skewers during cooking.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)