Grilled pork chops make for an easy summer (or anytime) dinner.
An easy lemon herb marinade makes them tender, juicy, and flavorful. Serve them with a simple salad and add some grilled veggies, then dine al fresco!
Perfectly Grilled Pork Chops
- Pork, AKA ‘the other white meat’, is a healthy meal, and they’re easy to grill!
- The marinade adds flavor while making for extra tender meat.
- This recipe can be made with bone-in or boneless chops.
- Pork chops are affordable and accessible, plus they cook fast making for the perfect dinner.
Ingredients & Variations
Pork Chops – Pork chops can be packaged in thicknesses from ½-inch thick to 1 ½-inches. This recipe works with bone-in pork chops (which is what we prefer) or boneless chops. The cooking times in the recipe below are intended for ¾-inch thick chops.
Marinade – Lemon juice adds a bright flavor and helps to tenderize the meat as it marinates. Brown sugar brings a hint of sweetness and helps with caramelization while the savory herbs balance out the flavor of the marinade.
How to Grill Pork Chops
Grill marinated pork chops over medium-high heat until the internal temperature reaches 145°F at the thickest point. Use this handy guide for grilling bone-in or boneless pork chops on a gas grill at a medium-high temp:
- cook 1/2″ chops for 4 minutes per side
- cook 3/4″ chops for 5-6 minutes per side
- cook 1″ chops for 7-9 minutes per side
Tips & Tricks for Pork Chops
- For best results, marinate the pork chops for a minimum of 2 hours to season and tenderize the meat.
- Always start with a preheated grill so the meat sears on the outside, instantly sealing in all the juices! A light brush of oil across the grill grate will prevent sticking.
- Avoid pressing down the meat with a spatula as this will squeeze out the juices and make the chops tough.
- Use a meat thermometer inserted at the thickest part of the meat to check for doneness. Pork should be at 145°F, and remember, it will continue to cook as it rests.
Leftover pork chops can be kept in the refrigerator in a covered container for up to 4 days.
Reheat them in the microwave or air fryer just until heated through. Freeze portions wrapped in plastic and then place them in a zippered bag. Freeze for up to 4 weeks.
Serve with These Tasty Sides:
- Grilled Vegetables – with balsamic marinade
- Easy Grilled Asparagus – made with Parmesan
- Grilled Zucchini – with simple ingredients
- Grilled Brussels Sprouts – so easy to make
- Grilled Red Potatoes – perfectly crispy skin
Did your family love this Grilled Pork Chops Recipe? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Grilled Pork Chops
- 4-6 bone-in pork chops ¾-inch thick
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ lemon juiced
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon basil
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a bowl or large freezer bag. Add pork chops and marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Remove the pork from the marinade allowing any excess to drip off.
- Grill pork 5-6 minutes per side or until temperature reaches 145°F with an instant-read thermometer. Do not overcook.
- Let the pork chops rest on a plate for at least 5 minutes before serving.
- cook 1/2-inch chops for 4 minutes per side
- cook 3/4-inch chops for 5-6 minutes per side
- cook 1-inch chops for 7-9 minutes per side
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
My husband and I couldn’t believe these actually tasted like steak!! Best pork chops we’ve ever had.
I used your brine recipe with this marinade and they were phenomenal. Best pork chops I’ve ever had! Cooked perfectly and enjoyed very much by my whole family!!
Thank you Erica! I’m so happy to hear that everyone loves these chops!!
I don’t have a grill can I bake them in the oven .
i so can’t wait to make this for my dad since he loves pork chops. whenever we grill out my mom gets him pork chops and me steak and something for herself.
Made this last week with my husband and we LOVED it! We usually throw our pork chops in the crock pot with barbecue sauce and they come out tough and bitter… Your recipe has blown our minds! We’ve never had pork chops as juicy and tender as these! They are perfect and we’re making them again tonight. Thank you!
I’m so glad you love them Tabitha! :)