Grilled pork chops make for an easy summer (or anytime) dinner.
An easy lemon herb marinade makes them tender, juicy, and flavorful. Serve them with a simple salad and add some grilled veggies, then dine al fresco!
Perfectly Grilled Pork Chops
- Pork, AKA ‘the other white meat’, is a healthy meal, and they’re easy to grill!
- The marinade adds flavor while making for extra tender meat.
- This recipe can be made with bone-in or boneless chops.
- Pork chops are affordable and accessible, plus they cook fast making for the perfect dinner.
Ingredients & Variations
Pork Chops – Pork chops can be packaged in thicknesses from ½-inch thick to 1 ½-inches. This recipe works with bone-in pork chops (which is what we prefer) or boneless chops. The cooking times in the recipe below are intended for ¾-inch thick chops.
Marinade – Lemon juice adds a bright flavor and helps to tenderize the meat as it marinates. Brown sugar brings a hint of sweetness and helps with caramelization while the savory herbs balance out the flavor of the marinade.
How to Grill Pork Chops
Grill marinated pork chops over medium-high heat until the internal temperature reaches 145°F at the thickest point. Use this handy guide for grilling bone-in or boneless pork chops on a gas grill at a medium-high temp:
- cook 1/2″ chops for 4 minutes per side
- cook 3/4″ chops for 5-6 minutes per side
- cook 1″ chops for 7-9 minutes per side
Tips & Tricks for Pork Chops
- For best results, marinate the pork chops for a minimum of 2 hours to season and tenderize the meat.
- Always start with a preheated grill so the meat sears on the outside, instantly sealing in all the juices! A light brush of oil across the grill grate will prevent sticking.
- Avoid pressing down the meat with a spatula as this will squeeze out the juices and make the chops tough.
- Use a meat thermometer inserted at the thickest part of the meat to check for doneness. Pork should be at 145°F, and remember, it will continue to cook as it rests.
Leftover pork chops can be kept in the refrigerator in a covered container for up to 4 days.
Reheat them in the microwave or air fryer just until heated through. Freeze portions wrapped in plastic and then place them in a zippered bag. Freeze for up to 4 weeks.
Serve with These Tasty Sides:
- Grilled Vegetables – with balsamic marinade
- Easy Grilled Asparagus – made with Parmesan
- Grilled Zucchini – with simple ingredients
- Grilled Brussels Sprouts – so easy to make
- Grilled Red Potatoes – perfectly crispy skin
Did your family love this Grilled Pork Chops Recipe? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Grilled Pork Chops
- 4-6 bone-in pork chops ¾-inch thick
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ lemon juiced
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon basil
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a bowl or large freezer bag. Add pork chops and marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Remove the pork from the marinade allowing any excess to drip off.
- Grill pork 5-6 minutes per side or until temperature reaches 145°F with an instant-read thermometer. Do not overcook.
- Let the pork chops rest on a plate for at least 5 minutes before serving.
- cook 1/2-inch chops for 4 minutes per side
- cook 3/4-inch chops for 5-6 minutes per side
- cook 1-inch chops for 7-9 minutes per side
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!