We love spaghetti squash in our house! If you’ve never made it before, it’s such a great veggie! Once cooked, the squash turns into spaghetti-like strands. Fun to eat, the kids love it and its just yummy! We top ours so many different ways, but it is great even just with a touch of butter, salt & pepper!
You can cook your spaghetti squash in the oven but I usually do it in the microwave. The key to getting it right in the microwave is to be sure not to add to much water. I add 1/4 cup water for 1/2 a squash and 1/3 cup water if I am cooking both halves. Once cooked (you should be able to pierce the skin easily with a fork), use a fork to scrape & separate the strands.
Greek Spaghetti Squash
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great recipes!
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tomato , finely diced and drained
- 3/4 cup feta cheese , crumbled
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 lemon , juiced
- salt & fresh black pepper to taste
- Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise & scoop out the seeds. Place 1/3 cup water in a small casserole dish and add squash face down. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave 8 minutes. Alternatively, you can place spaghetti squash with cut sides down on greased baking sheet and bake 30-35 minutes at 375 degrees (you should be able to easily pierce the skin with a fork once done).
- Once cooked, use a fork to scrape out the squash and separate the strands. Toss with the remaining ingredients. Serve warm.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)