We love spaghetti squash in our house! If you’ve never made it before, it’s such a great veggie! Once cooked, the squash turns into spaghetti-like strands. Fun to eat, the kids love it and its just yummy! We top ours so many different ways, but it is great even just with a touch of butter, salt & pepper!
You can cook your spaghetti squash in the oven but I usually do it in the microwave. The key to getting it right in the microwave is to be sure not to add to much water. I add 1/4 cup water for 1/2 a squash and 1/3 cup water if I am cooking both halves. Once cooked (you should be able to pierce the skin easily with a fork), use a fork to scrape & separate the strands.
Greek Spaghetti Squash
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great recipes!
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tomato , finely diced and drained
- 3/4 cup feta cheese , crumbled
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 lemon , juiced
- salt & fresh black pepper to taste
- Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise & scoop out the seeds. Place 1/3 cup water in a small casserole dish and add squash face down. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave 8 minutes. Alternatively, you can place spaghetti squash with cut sides down on greased baking sheet and bake 30-35 minutes at 375 degrees (you should be able to easily pierce the skin with a fork once done).
- Once cooked, use a fork to scrape out the squash and separate the strands. Toss with the remaining ingredients. Serve warm.