Cheesy Pizza Dough Breadsticks are the perfect snack or side! Pizza dough is brushed with melted butter and topped with 3 kinds of cheese before being baked till browned & bubbly. Try serving them alongside your favorite pasta recipe, like spaghetti carbonara or Baked Ziti.
If you’re looking to make this as an appetizer or snack dip it into leftover meaty spaghetti sauce!
These easy cheesy breadsticks are a fun recipe that even the kids can join in on! Let them create their own shapes…maybe their initials? How fun!
How to Make Cheesy Breadsticks
This breadstick recipe uses prepared raw pizza dough, or you can try this no fail pizza dough recipe. Even a quick can of Pillsbury Pizza Dough will do in a pinch.
- Prep: Grease a 12-inch pizza pan and roll the dough out to fit it.
- Make: Melt butter and spices and brush over the pizza dough. Top with all the cheeses!
- Bake: Bake until cooked and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Once removed from oven, sprinkle on fresh or dried parsley and slice using a pizza wheel. Then serve with your favorite dipping sauce!
We like dipping these into an easy marinara sauce or even our favorite buttermilk ranch dip.
What Goes With Cheesy Breadsticks
Anything! They make a tasty substitute for homemade garlic bread or biscuits. They’re perfect served with pasta or
When it’s soup or salad night, you’ll be reaching for this cheesy garlic breadsticks recipe again and again… it’s just that easy to make!
More Yummy Appetizers:
- Easy Cheesy Pizza Dip – great to dip breadsticks in!
- Bacon Cheddar Garlic Bread – fully loaded garlic bread ready in 15 mins.
- Pizza Snack Bites – perfect bite sized appie.
- Gooey Cheese Sticks – delicious fried or baked.
- Bubble Pizza Bread – only 4 ingredients!
The Best Cheesy Breadsticks (Pizza Dough)
- Prepared raw pizza dough (my No-Fail Pizza Dough works well for this!) or 1 can of Pillsbury Pizza Dough
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Roll dough out to fit the pizza pan and place on a greased 12" pizza pan.
- Place butter, garlic and italian seasoning in a small bowl. Microwave about 15 seconds or until melted.
- Brush butter over pizza dough. Top with cheeses and parsley.
- Bake 12-16 minutes or until cooked through and cheese is browned and bubbly.
- Serve with your favorite tomato sauce for dipping.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
Used half a ball of the No Fail Pizza Dough and baked it in a large cast iron skillet. It came out really crispy, better than the Italian Cheese Bread at the pizza place. It was so easy.. I’m a little worried about how often I’m going to make this now.
Really good! I sprinkled a bit of bacon on top too. Definitely will make again
Yum! Bacon is a great addition to this recipe!
Loved it. I was worried they might have a canned bread dough flavor since I was in a huge hurry and ran and bought the Pillsbury canned pizza dough for the first time in my life! Unnecessary worrying- it was a delicious! I’m normally a scratch baker but this is getting pinned! Thank you!
This recipe sounds great!
Do you think it would reheat well? Bringing a baked ziti to a friend who just had surgery & wanted something special to go along with it. Thanks
Yes, these do reheat well. If you are concerned about them drying out, try adding a small casserole dish with water to the bottom rack and reheating the bread sticks on the top oven rack.
I mixed plain and integral flour, and added a small amount of freshly ground black pepper on top.
The recipe is super easy, and the taste is great! Thanks for sharing :)
What do you mean pizza pan,can i use a small cookie sheet?
I used a pizza pan like this one. A cookie sheet would definitely work!
such awsome snacks make my guests to love me.thanks