Cheesy Pizza Dough Breadsticks are the perfect snack or side! Pizza dough is brushed with melted butter and topped with 3 kinds of cheese before being baked till browned & bubbly. Try serving them alongside your favorite pasta recipe, like spaghetti carbonara or Baked Ziti.
If you’re looking to make this as an appetizer or snack dip it into leftover meaty spaghetti sauce!
These easy cheesy breadsticks are a fun recipe that even the kids can join in on! Let them create their own shapes…maybe their initials? How fun!
How to Make Cheesy Breadsticks
This breadstick recipe uses prepared raw pizza dough, or you can try this no fail pizza dough recipe. Even a quick can of Pillsbury Pizza Dough will do in a pinch.
- Prep: Grease a 12-inch pizza pan and roll the dough out to fit it.
- Make: Melt butter and spices and brush over the pizza dough. Top with all the cheeses!
- Bake: Bake until cooked and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Once removed from oven, sprinkle on fresh or dried parsley and slice using a pizza wheel. Then serve with your favorite dipping sauce!
What Goes With Cheesy Breadsticks
More Yummy Appetizers:
The Best Cheesy Breadsticks (Pizza Dough)
- Prepared raw pizza dough (my No-Fail Pizza Dough works well for this!) or 1 can of Pillsbury Pizza Dough
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Roll dough out to fit the pizza pan and place on a greased 12" pizza pan.
- Place butter, garlic and italian seasoning in a small bowl. Microwave about 15 seconds or until melted.
- Brush butter over pizza dough. Top with cheeses and parsley.
- Bake 12-16 minutes or until cooked through and cheese is browned and bubbly.
- Serve with your favorite tomato sauce for dipping.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.