Roasted summer squash is oven-easy and super tasty! Rounds of squash are seasoned and topped with a crispy crumb topping.
I love yellow squash in this recipe but you can use zucchini, patty pans, and even crookneck squash if they’re still popping up in your supermarket.
An Easy Side Dish
This recipe brings out the very best flavors with just a few ingredients and even fewer steps!
Squash takes just minutes to roast and has great flavor.
The simple crispy coating clings to each piece adding flavor and crunch!
Ingredients or Variations
SQUASH Naturally, summer squash is the star here (zucchini or pattypan work great in this recipe too).
BREADING The light breading mixture of Panko bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and some seasonings like lemon pepper, paprika, and salt is what pulls this recipe altogether!
OTHER VEGGIES Why not switch up the recipe and add some of your other favorite veggies. Ensure you use ones that have a similar cook time, we love asparagus spears and bell peppers?
How to Roast Summer Squash
This yummy roasted squash is super easy. Just watch homegrown veggies get eaten with gusto!
- Slice squash and toss with olive oil.
- Combine other ingredients (per recipe below) and toss with the squash.
- Lay on a prepared baking pan. Bake until tender.
- Broil a minute or two to get the coating crispy and golden brown.
For squash that is tender-crisp, cut it a little thicker. For softer squash, cut it a bit thinner.
Serve this side with….
It’s mild and flavorful and this dish pairs with roasted meats, tomato based dishes, anything grilled. It’s a great all around side.
More Roasted Veggies
- Roasted zucchini – reader favorite
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes – sweet & savory
- Crispy Garlic Roasted Broccoli – ready in 15 minutes
- Roasted Parmesan Asparagus – 4 simple ingredients
- Easy Oven Roasted Carrots – a 5 star recipe
Did your family love this Roasted Summer Squash? Be sure to leave a comment and a rating below!
Roasted Summer Squash
- 1 pound summer squash about 2 medium
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tablespoon panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt or to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut squash into ½" slices. Toss with olive oil.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl and toss with squash.
- Place squash on a baking pan and roast 12-14 minutes or until squash is tender. Broil 1-2 minutes or until crumbs are lightly browned.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!