Salmon tacos are simply delicious. Tender flaky salmon and zesty pineapple salsa are piled high on soft tortillas.
These tacos are the perfect bite. Even better, they’re quick to make and on the table in about 30 minutes!
Why We Love This Recipe
Salmon Tacos are made with a few simple ingredients that fulfill your craving for Mexican flavor.
This recipe can be prepared under 30 minutes, making it a quick weekday meal that everyone will love, and thank you for later!
Tacos are a great way to make a little bit of salmon go a long way and it’s a great way to enjoy leftover salmon fillets!
Feeling spicy or not?! You can customize these tacos by adding or reducing the number of jalapenos.
Ingredients & Variations
There are so many ways to prepare delicious buttery salmon for these tasty tacos!
SALMON In this recipe, the salmon can be poached, grilled, baked, or blackened. For the best results, look for Pacific, Coho, or Pink Salmon. No salmon? Try using Mahi Mahi instead!
SALSA Salmon tacos are paired with a flavorful pineapple salsa but also great with mango salsa or coleslaw.
How to Make Salmon Tacos
When we said easy, we meant easy…these tacos are ready in 1, 2, 3!
- Place a scoop of salmon in the center of a flour tortilla.
- Prepare salsa according to recipe below, and season with salt and pepper.
- Top each salmon taco with salsa and serve.
For a fun serving idea, place tortillas on a warmed tray next to the bowl of the pineapple salsa and other taco fixings on the table and let everyone help themselves!
What Goes with Salmon Tacos
Every great taco bar needs great toppings! Here’s a list that won’t let you down.
- Veggies: shredded lettuce or cabbage, diced green chilies, avocados, or tomatoes
- Cheese: crumbled cotija cheese (Mexican cheese), shredded Mexican blend, or just cheddar.
- Sauce: sour cream, guacamole, a classic restaurant-style salsa
And for tasty sides, try these Mexican themed dishes!
For a sweet ending to an amazing fiesta meal, try whipping up a batch of wedding cookies!
More Tasty Tacos
- Easy Steak Tacos
- Black Bean Tacos
- Chicken Street Tacos
- Easy Ground Beef Tacos
- Crockpot Chicken Tacos
- Quick Chicken Tacos
Did you enjoy these Salmon Tacos? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Salmon Tacos with Pineapple Salsa
- 4 salmon fillets cooked (see notes)
- 12 4 ½ inch flour tortillas warmed
- 2 cups fresh pineapple diced small
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 small red bell pepper or yellow or orange pepper cored and diced small
- 1 small jalapeno pepper seeded and diced small
- ¼ cup red onion diced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro minced
- kosher salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Chunk up salmon fillets and add an equal amount of salmon onto the middle of each flour tortilla.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl stir together pineapple, lime juice, red bell pepper, jalapeno pepper, red onion, and cilantro. Taste and season with the desired amount of kosher salt and black pepper. If the salsa seems dry add in a little more lime juice.
- Top each taco with the fresh pineapple salsa.
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp each salt & pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
Leftover salmon tacos should be stored by separating the salmon from the pineapple salsa so it doesn’t make the salmon mushy.
Keep both in airtight containers or zippered bags, and use within about 3 days. You can freshen up the flavors with a little stir, extra lime juice, and some salt and pepper.
The salmon and salsa can be frozen, but will not be as firm once thawed, so it is best to use it all up.
Why not take some salmon and pineapple salsa to work over a bed of lettuce for a refreshing salmon salad? Or tuck some salmon and salsa into a wrap with lettuce and sliced red onions!
Fantastic! Every recipe I make from you is delicious and my family loves! I did do this recipe with blackened chicken I usually never alter the recipe but I only had chicken. It was awesome still. Can’t wait to try it with salmon! Thank you!
You’re welcome Jennifer! Sounds delicious!
It was perfect the first time. I learn so much from you as well! Keep it up great post.