Mango Salsa is a delicious combination of sweet juicy mangoes, tart lime juice and peppers for the perfect combination of sweet and heat.
Sweet & Savory
Take the crisp and colorful bounty of summer and put together this sweet and spicy topping that can also be a dip! Use fresh ingredients from your garden or the farmers market and double the recipe because it’ll get used up super quick!
The best way to show off all the bright colors of mango salsa is to dice the fruit and veggies uniformly. The easiest way to achieve this is to use my favorite vegetable chopper. It’s so easy to do and looks so fancy!
- Dice the mangoes and red pepper. Mince the red onion and jalapeño (keep the seeds in for a spicier flavor)!
- Mix together, add the remaining ingredients, and season with salt and pepper.
Let all the flavors marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature and serve!
What to Serve with Mango Salsa
Mango salsa is a perfect topping for fish and seafood, like shrimp tacos and grilled salmon, but it also makes a great dip for chips and crackers! Mixed with softened cream cheese, mango salsa makes an elegant spread on a burger or in a vegetarian sandwich!
Add or substitute equal amounts of fresh pineapple or fresh peaches for a different twist. This recipe is so versatile, so healthy and so easy to make, it’ll be a summer staple every year!
How Long Does Mango Salsa Last?
Mango salsa will last about 5 days in the refrigerator. Before serving again, stir and refresh the flavors by adding a little splash of lime juice and salt and pepper.
Can You Freeze Mango Salsa?
Mango salsa can be frozen by putting in an airtight container or zippered bag that is labeled for up to about 3 months. However, it will not be as firm once it is thawed. Drain the extra water, add some new diced mangos, or fruit like pineapple or peach for a whole new look and taste!
More Fresh & Scoopable Appetizers
- Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Crisps – sweet berry salad that perfectly scoopable!
- Homemade Salsa (Restaurant Style) – only 5 mins prep!
- Fresh Summer Fruit Salad – full of fresh juicy fruits
- Pico de Gallo – unforgettable salsa fresca
- Garden Fresh Bruschetta – only 5 ingredients!
Fresh Mango Salsa Recipe
- 1 large or 2 small mangoes diced
- 1 red pepper diced
- ¼ cup red onion minced
- 1 jalapeño seeded & minced
- ½ lime juiced
- 3 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- salt to taste
- Combine all ingredients and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- So delicious with tortilla chips or on chicken or fish.
Inspired by Looney Spoons