Salmon is easy, healthy, and delicious prepared in a simple marinade.
In this grilled salmon recipe, filets are marinated in a simple sesame-soy mixture and then grilled to tender flaky perfection.
This dish makes a great meal served with fresh asparagus and rice pilaf or as a hearty salmon bowl.
Sweet & Savory Grilled Salmon
- Salmon filets are easy to grill because the flesh has a dense, steak-like texture and fatty skin that keeps the fish moist while it cooks.
- Salmon cooks quickly on the grill making it perfect for a weeknight meal or an easy summer dinner.
- Super healthy, salmon is loaded with Omega-3 fatty acids and has more Vitamin D than tuna.
- A quick and easy marinade ensures great flavor while adding a nice glaze to the fish.
- Marinated fillets in foil packets in advance for an outing and cook them on a campfire (or in the oven)!
Ingredients for Grilled Salmon
Salmon – For the best results, use fresh or flash-frozen salmon filets that smell and look clean. Frozen fillets can be thawed while they are marinating.
Marinade – Soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic powder, sesame oil, and fresh lemon juice are all you need for a flavorful marinade that gently tenderizes the meat.
Lime juice can be switched out for the lemon juice and a little freshly grated ginger and red pepper flakes will give the sauce a little zip!
How to Grill Salmon
- Marinate salmon filets in a covered bowl in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Grill salmon flesh side down according to the recipe below.
- Flip over & cook until the fillets reach an internal temperature of 145°F at the thickest part of the filet.
- Let salmon rest before serving. Serve with lemon slices or wedges.
Serving Grilled Salmon
- As a main dish grilled salmon is great with fresh grilled vegetables like asparagus or zucchini. It pairs nicely with a pilaf, grain salad, or simple boiled baby potatoes.
- Try this dish as grilled salmon tacos served with fruit like chopped pineapple salsa or mango salsa.
- Keep leftover salmon covered in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Reheat as desired or make salmon croquettes, salmon patties, add to pasta salads or omelets or serve cold on top of a blackened salmon salad.
So Many Ways to Enjoy Salmon!
Did your family love this Grilled Salmon Recipe? Leave us a rating and a comment below!
Easy Grilled Salmon
- 1 ½ pounds salmon fillets
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil toasted
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a small bowl.
- Pour over salmon and allow to marinate at least 1 hour (or up to 8 hours).
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Place salmon, skin side down, onto the grill and cook for 6-8 minutes. Turn over and cook and an additional 5-7 minutes or until salmon reaches 145°F. Do not overcook.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!