This Broiled Parmesan Tilapia is the best tilapia recipe I’ve ever had with a tender flaky fish fillet and an amazing parmesan crust!
This broiled tilapia recipe has been pinned 750,000+ times, and for good reason. Once you’ll try it, you will see why everyone raves over this recipe and it will be one of your go-to tilapia recipes!
This Parmesan Broiled Tilapia is so easy and delicious, making it one of my absolute favorite tilapia recipes! With just a few minutes to prep and this whole dish is on the table in 10 minutes start to finish!
What is Tilapia?
Tilapia is a white fish that was traditionally found in Africa, but is now farmed in many countries including domestically. It is an excellent source of protein and a good source of vitamins and minerals. So not only is it good for you, but the fact that it is delicious is just a bonus!
While this recipe calls for tilapia, any white fish can easily be substituted with excellent results!
How to Cook Tilapia
You’ll be amazed at how easy (and quick) most tilapia recipes are. Like most fish, it is important that you do not overcook your tilapia fillets as they can dry out. You can cook tilapia in the oven or it can be poached, fried, or broiled.
In this recipe, I have chosen to broil it. I love how quick it is but also that this tilapia recipe creates a very moist flaky fish with a beautifully browned parmesan crust!
How Long to Cook Tilapia in the Oven
While you can easily make oven baked tilapia, I do love broiling it to make it really fast. Broiled on high, this tilapia recipe only takes 3-4 minutes per side, depending of course on the size of the fillet. If the fish fillet is quite large you will need to increase broil time by a minute each side.
Baking tilapia is as easy as broiling is but will not produce an outer crust as browned and delicious. For this reason I prefer to broil the tilapia in this recipe.
Parmesan Broiled Tilapia is a great start to any meal in under 15 minutes. We serve it with Green Beans with Bacon and a side of Garlic Butter Rice for the perfect meal! Risotto, pasta and of course classic french fries are all great sides for this fresh and crusty entree! While it makes a quick meal during the week, this recipe is definitely one you will want to serve when you have guests over. It will be a favorite for sure!
More Tilapia Recipes You’ll Love
- Easy Baked Tilapia (or Cod)
- Blackened Tilapia – Quick, easy and delicious!
- Parmesan Crusted Tilapia – Crispy breaded fish made easy.
- Easy Fish Tacos – Family favorite!
Parmesan Broiled Tilapia
- 4 tilapia fillets (defrosted if frozen)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise or dressing
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice fresh
- 1 teaspoon dill fresh
- seasoning salt and pepper
- Turn broiler onto high and adjust oven rack to the top.
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients except the tilapia. Set aside.
- Place tilapia fillets on a foil lined pan. Broil for 3 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, flip over and divide the parmesan mixture over the uncooked sides of the tilapia.
- Return to the oven and broil an additional 3-4 minutes making sure not to over cook the fish.