Cilantro Lime Rice will transform taco night forever. Fluffy white rice is upgraded with colorful cilantro and fresh zesty lime to create the best side dish to accompany every Mexican dish you make!
As much as we love cilantro tomato rice, we’re also in love with the zesty freshness created in this rice dish! We add this cilantro lime rice to burritos, serve it alongside Creamy Chicken Enchiladas, or using it as a side with other tex mex favorites like loaded nachos and taco casserole!
How to Make Cilantro Lime Rice
Basmati and long grain white rice are cultivated for their distinctive flavor profiles and are less starchy so they cook up drier and stay separated, which is perfect for cilantro and lime rice recipes. To make this cilantro lime rice recipe:
- RINSE: Rinse and drain 1 cup of basmati or long grain white rice (this keeps it from getting sticky).
- SIMMER: Bring water, rice, a bay leaf to a simmer.
- FLAVOR: Once cooked squeeze fresh lime over rice and add finely chopped cilantro, salt and pepper.
Rice recipes are the perfect side for pretty much any meal!
For a healthier Keto or low carb version, make a cilantro lime cauliflower rice using riced cauliflower. Making a cilantro lime brown rice is healthy alternative as well because whole grain brown rice is loaded with fiber and complex B vitamins!
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Garlic Butter Kale Rice – so fluffy!
- Dirty Rice – a southern comfort classic
- Spanish Rice – with the perfect amount of spice
- Garlic Butter Rice – super flavorful
- How to Make Cauliflower Rice – a healthy alternative!
How to Make Cilantro Lime Rice with Instant Rice
Talk about a time saver! Lime cilantro rice is even faster to make with instant! Just be sure to buy a basmati, or long grain white or brown rice and don’t over boil it because instant rice is par-cooked, so it’ll be easy peasy! Lime cilantro rice is so colorful and tasty, you’ll want to serve it all the time!
Cilantro Lime Rice
- 1 cup basmati rice or long grain white rice
- 1 bay leaf
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
- ½ lime juiced
- ½ cup cilantro finely chopped
- Rinse rice and drain well.
- Bring rice, bay leaf, water and salt to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook 15 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and let sit 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Stir in lime juice, cilantro and salt to taste. Serve.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)