This recipe is an easy side dish that’s easy to make at home.
Homemade cilantro lime rice needs few ingredients and is packed with flavor.
Ingredients for Cilantro Lime Rice
This Chipotle copycat cilantro lime rice is packed with fresh flavor.
Rice – Basmati and long-grain white rice are our first choices as they have less starch and the grains stay separated. You can use other types of rice including brown rice or cauliflower rice.
Cilantro – Cilantro adds freshness to this recipe.
Lime – Lime is one of the main flavors of this dish so I highly recommend fresh lime juice. Bottled lime juice will work but the flavor can be bitter compared to fresh juice.
Variations – Add a can of drained black beans to cilantro rice and some grilled veggies to make a vegetarian burrito to enjoy on the go! Switch out the rice for cauliflower rice for all the flavor with none of the carbs!
How to Make Cilantro Lime Rice
- Rinse and drain the rice and cook per the recipe below.
- Let the rice rest for 5 minutes, fluff with a fork, and stir in lime juice, cilantro, and salt.
- Garnish with slices of lime and serve hot.
Make a batch (or two!) of cilantro lime rice up to a day ahead. Keep one batch in the refrigerator and freeze the rest in quart-sized zippered bags
Other Delicious Rice Sides
Cilantro Lime Rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup basmati rice or long grain white rice
- 1 bay leaf
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup cilantro finely chopped
- ½ lime juiced
- Rinse rice and drain well.
- Bring rice, bay leaf, water and salt to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook 15 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and let sit 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Stir in lime juice, cilantro and salt to taste. Serve.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
REPIN this Lime Cilantro Recipe