This hot corn dip is creamy, cheesy and loaded with corn and colorful veggies. The perfect make-ahead dip for any party!
Serve this dip with tortilla chips, crackers or even veggies for serving.
There’s nothing like a hot and cheesy dip to get a party started!
When summer comes along, we stock up and freeze corn for later months so we can enjoy recipes like this year ’round! How can you go wrong with corn, bacon, veggies and plenty of melted cheese?!
- Base – the base of this dip is a mixture of cream cheese and sour cream. It’s extra creamy and delicious!
- Veggies – a colorful mixture of corn, bell peppers, chilies add lots of flavor and texture to this recipe. Thawed frozen corn or drained canned corn work in this recipe too.
- Flavor – bacon, spices, and cilantro get folded into the creamy base
- Topping – cheddar cheese is our favorite but Monterey Jack works well in this recipe too
The cream cheese should be very soft so that it can be whisked together with the sour cream. You could also use a mixer if you prefer, but in this case it’s not critical that the cream cheese be completely smooth since it will melt when it goes into the oven.
This dip is fairly mild, but if you prefer to make it spicy, use a can of diced jalapenos instead of the green chilies.
Make this corn dip ahead of time for game day or get-togethers. You can store the uncooked dip in the fridge for up to 24 hours before baking.
Toppings and Serving Ideas
I like to garnish this corn dip with a combination of corn, diced bell peppers, crumbled bacon, and chopped cilantro. It gives people a hint as to what is hiding under that layer of cheese! Add your favorites from jalapenos to green onions.
Serve corn dip with a big pile of tortilla chips or with Fritos, crackers, crostini or even bread or veggies.
More Corn Faves
- Quick Potato Corn Chowder
- Homemade Creamed Corn
- Fresh Corn Salad
- Grilled Corn on the Cob
- Sheet Pan Shrimp Boil
Creamy Corn Dip
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- ½ cup sour cream
- 3 cups corn kernels cooked
- ½ cup red bell pepper diced
- 4 ½ ounces mild green chilies diced , 1 can drained
- ½ cup bacon crumbled
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 ½ cups cheddar cheese shredded, divided use
- cooking spray
For Garnish (optional)
- corn kernels
- crumbled bacon
- red peppers diced
- cilantro chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat a baking dish (4 cup or larger) with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk the cream cheese until mostly smooth. Add the sour cream and mix together until combined.
- Add the corn, red bell pepper, chilies, bacon, cilantro, chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper and 1 cup of the shredded cheese to the bowl.
- Stir until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Spoon the dip into the prepared baking dish and smooth the top. Sprinkle the remaining ½ cup shredded cheese over the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until dip is bubbly and cheese is melted. Garnish with additional corn, peppers, bacon and cilantro if desired.
- Serve immediately with tortilla chips.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)