For a super quick and nutritious meatless meal, an easy Black Bean Taco recipe is exactly what the family needs!
A simple mixture of beans, veggies and our favorite seasonings make a delicious filling for tacos! Set out a DIY Taco Bar with all kinds of toppings for everyone to create their own taco masterpiece!
Why We Love This Recipe
Beans and corn (canned or frozen) are always kept in my pantry meaning this dish can be made at a moment’s notice.
It is a healthy meatless meal (with homemade taco seasoning) that not only tastes great, its budget-friendly too!
This recipe is so quick, start to finish it’s on the table in under 30 minutes! It’s a great recipe to get the family involved in preparing toppings.
How to Make Black Bean Tacos
- Prepare black beans for tacos:
- To prep canned beans, rinse thoroughly in a colander, and they are ready to use!
- To prep dried beans, follow this simple guide for soaking and cooking beans. Or try putting that Instant Pot to good use and cook dried beans for 30 minutes and slow release for 15 minutes!
- Saute onion and garlic until browned and fragrant.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer until thickened.
Serve in warmed corn or flour tortillas with an assortment of taco toppings!
What Other Beans Can Be Used? Any kind of canned or dried beans can be used for tacos. Pinto beans, great northern beans, even lentils can be used, be sure to follow the same procedure for rinsing and cooking above.
What Other Veggies Can Be Used?
Want spicy black bean tacos? Add in diced jalapeno for a little bit of heat.
Toppings for Tacos
- VEGGIES: sliced black olives, jalapenos, green chiles, avocados, or cilantro!
- CRUNCHY: cabbage slaw or shredded lettuce
- SAUCE: salsa, guacamole, and sour cream
- CHEESE: Any kind of cheese!
Favorite Taco Recipes
- Easy Ground Beef Tacos
- Easy Fish Tacos
- Chicken Street Tacos
- Shrimp Tacos
- Easy Steak Tacos
- Taco Soup Recipe
Did you enjoy these Black Bean Tacos? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Black Bean Tacos
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ onion finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 ½ cups frozen corn
- 15 ounces black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 ½ teaspoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ cup salsa
- salt & pepper to taste
- 8 corn or flour tortillas 6 - inch
- toppings as desired
- Cook onion and garlic in olive oil over medium heat until tender, about 4 minutes.
- Add corn, black beans, seasonings, and salsa. Simmer 5-6 minutes or until liquid has evaporated.
- Slightly mash some of the beans if desired. Taste and season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Spoon into tortillas and top as desired.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Easy Bean Recipes
- Black Bean Quinoa Salad – full of fresh veggies!
- Instant Pot Ham & Bean Soup – classic comfort food
- Black Bean and Corn Salad – ready in 20 mins
- Great Northern Beans and Ham – full of flavor!
- Black Eyed Peas – made with ham