This Cheesy Beef & Macaroni Casserole is a easy to put together and it boasts big flavor! We’ve made this recipe countless times and everyone in my family raves about it!
This Cheesy Beef & Macaroni Casserole is a very simple to put together yet it boasts big flavor! I’ve added in green pepper but this recipe is easy to modify based on what’s in your fridge (and your own personal preferences). Any type of peppers, chopped zucchini or sliced mushrooms would be amazing in this casserole.
There is nothing fancy in this recipe but it just tastes like .. home. :) Good ol’ comfort food!
Items You’ll Need for This Recipe
CHEESY BEEF & MACARONI CASSEROLE
- 1 pound of dry macaroni noodles or similar
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced green pepper
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes 28 oz
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 3-4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon dry basil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese divided
- 1/4 cup freshly shredded parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley divided
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cook noodles for 3/4 of time according to package. (My noodles said 9 minutes so I cooked them for 6). Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Meanwhile, brown beef, garlic & onion in a frying pan. Drain.
- Combine green peppers, beef, noodles, tomatoes, tomato sauce & paste, basil, salt & pepper, 1 cup of cheddar cheese, 2 tablespoons fresh parsley. Pour into a 9×13 casserole dish.
- Combine remaining cheeses & 1 tablespoon of parsley. Sprinkle on top of casserole. Bake uncovered for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is browned!
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)