This is one of my favorite lunch meals! It takes just a few minutes to make and tastes amazing!
I love mushrooms so I add those into mine but if you don’t eat mushrooms then feel free to leave them out or add extra onions!
Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
- 4 green pepper halves
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 1 onion , sliced
- 2 cups mushrooms , sliced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6-8 oz thin sliced deli roast beef
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Slice peppers in half from stem to bottom and clean out the seeds and ribs.
- On medium low heat, cook onions in butter until softened, about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook until the juices are released.
- Line the bottom of each pepper half with 1 slice provolone cheese. Add 2 slices roast beef, to each. Divide the mushrooms and onions between all of the peppers.
- Top with one more slice of roast beef and one slice of provolone.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until pepper is softened and cheese is browned.