This is one of my favorite lunch meals! It takes just a few minutes to make and tastes amazing!
I love mushrooms so I add those into mine but if you don’t eat mushrooms then feel free to leave them out or add extra onions!
Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
- 4 green pepper halves
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 1 onion sliced
- 2 cups mushrooms sliced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6-8 ounces thin sliced deli roast beef
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Slice peppers in half from stem to bottom and clean out the seeds and ribs.
- On medium low heat, cook onions in butter until softened, about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook until the juices are released.
- Line the bottom of each pepper half with 1 slice provolone cheese. Add 2 slices roast beef, to each. Divide the mushrooms and onions between all of the peppers.
- Top with one more slice of roast beef and one slice of provolone.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until pepper is softened and cheese is browned.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
How do they reheat?
They reheat perfectly, I usually use the microwave but you can heat in the oven too.
I prepped the peppers like i do for stuffed peppers. I place them in boiling water for 5 minutes to soften. Let them cool and then cut and clean them out. Then I stuffed them with the roast beef, cheese and onion/mushroom mixture and baked them. I have also used red, yellow and orange peppers.
Sounds delicious, so glad you loved them Kristine!
This sounds delicious, can’t wait to make it. What would you suggest as a side?
We serve this with a side salad and crusty bread.
this lovely recipe is easy and looks impressive
Thank you Gerard!
Tried this tonight and I do have to say it will become one of my favorites. I forgot to put top layer of cheese but I put on Mexican cheese (didn’t melt) I wasn’t going to but I added some pasta sauce only because the peppers didn’t seem to soften. I loaded each one with roast beef, mushroom and onions that I had sauteed first. This site is one of my all time favorites. I love how the recipes are easy to follow, easy to make and the ingredients seem to be all that everyone would have in the cupboard.
I”m so glad you enjoyed this recipe Renna, the Mexican cheese sounds like a yummy twist too!
Thank you so much for stopping by, I am so glad you enjoy my recipes! :)
Can you add anything other than mushroom with the onion don’t do mushroom
You can either skip the mushrooms and add extra onions or even add some extra chopped bell pepper. :)
YOu can stuff anything with anything
I love stuff peppers,n this sounds great ,thanks will make..