This is one of my favorite lunch meals! It takes just a few minutes to make and tastes amazing!
I love mushrooms so I add those into mine but if you don’t eat mushrooms then feel free to leave them out or add extra onions!
Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great recipes!
- 4 green pepper halves
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 1 onion , sliced
- 2 cups mushrooms , sliced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6-8 oz thin sliced deli roast beef
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Slice peppers in half from stem to bottom and clean out the seeds and ribs.
- On medium low heat, cook onions in butter until softened, about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook until the juices are released.
- Line the bottom of each pepper half with 1 slice provolone cheese. Add 2 slices roast beef, to each. Divide the mushrooms and onions between all of the peppers.
- Top with one more slice of roast beef and one slice of provolone.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until pepper is softened and cheese is browned.