Light and juicy turkey burgers are so easy to make on the grill!
Say goodbye to boring, these turkey burgers are thick, juicy, and packed with flavor. Add your favorite toppings for a delicious burger that rivals any restaurant!
Easy to make, these burgers are a go-to for us all year long!
Juicy Turkey Burgers
- Turkey burgers are made with ground turkey, simply season and cook!
- These patties are juicy, moist, and full of flavor.
- Turkey patties have fewer calories than beef burgers and are easy to make.
- Make and freeze the patties for future dinners. No need to thaw, grill right from frozen!
- Keep them low carb by wrapping in lettuce or serve them in hamburger buns with all the fixin’s! Swipe a little butter or mayonnaise on the cut sides of the buns and toast them on the grill or under the broiler.
Ingredients in Turkey Burger Patties
Ground Turkey – We prefer lean ground turkey (85%) over of extra lean ground turkey breast since a little bit of fat adds both flavor and moisture. Adding a little bit of chopped bacon not only adds flavor but also helps keep the turkey burgers juicy. If you don’t want to use bacon, substitute about 1 ½ tablespoons of cold butter shredded with a cheese grater.
Add-Ins – Bread crumbs and eggs help to hold everything together.
Seasonings – Barbecue sauce and Worcestershire sauce with a bit of grated onion (or onion powder) and garlic flavor these burgers. You can add in your own favorite spices or herbs.
Toppings – Use your favorite burger toppings that up-level turkey burgers. Try robust cheeses like Havarti, Gouda, or Pepper Jack, and whip up a fancy chipotle aioli, a zesty chili sauce, or a tangy chimichurri sauce.
Don’t forget some delicious pickled jalapenos next to the lettuce and tomatoes!
How to Make Turkey Burgers
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Divide the turkey mixture into 4 patties, about ½-inch thick.
- Chill at least 30 minutes or until ready to cook.
- Preheat grill, brush patties with BBQ sauce, and grill (per recipe instructions below).
Tips for Juicy Burgers
The best turkey burger recipe is moist and flavorful! Here are some of our favorite tips.
- Use your thumb to create a small indent in the center of each raw patty, this will keep it from bulging in the center as it cooks.
- Refrigerate the turkey burgers before cooking, this makes them firmer and easier to handle.
- A grill mat is optional but perfect for prepping, chilling, and grilling the burgers on and they’ll still get grill marks! Place a rimless baking sheet under the grill mat before prepping the burgers so the whole mat can just slide onto the grill.
- Burgers can be cooked in a skillet on the stove over medium heat for about 7-8 minutes per side.
- Cook turkey burgers to an internal temperature of 165°F. Do not overcook.
- For best results, let the burgers rest about 3 minutes before serving them so the juices stay locked inside the meat while they cook.
More Barbecue Favorites
Did you make these Juicy Turkey Burgers? Leave us a rating and a comment below!
Juicy Turkey Burgers
- 1 pound ground turkey not extra lean
- 2 slices bacon uncooked, diced
- 2 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce plus extra for basting if desired
- 1 tablespoon onion grated
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt & pepper
- hamburger buns
- lettuce, tomato, onion
- Gently combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Form into 4 patties, ½" thick. Using your thumb, create a small indent in the middle of the patties. Refrigerate 30 minutes
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Brush patties with barbecue sauce and grill 6-8 minutes per side or until cooked through (165°F).
- Serve on hamburger buns with desired toppings.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
My burgers wouldn’t stay together after 30 min. in the fridge. What happened…?
I can’t say for sure why the burgers didn’t hold their shape. Did you add the bread crumbs?
Amazing. Doubled the recipe for my family of 5. Not one bite left. Everyone loved it! Thanks!
Can these be cooked on top of stove? And can they be grilled in my Ninja foodi?
Yes, they can be cooked on the stove (or in the Ninja). You’ll want to ensure they reach 165°F.
Best ever turkey burgers bq them
So happy you love them Irene! Definitely delicious on the BBQ.