These Lamb Chops are an easy dinner recipe made with a lemon-rosemary marinade and grilled to perfection!
This recipe is a simple grilled dinner, but if it’s not summer, stovetop instructions are included as well! Serve them with mint pesto and veggies for a delicious meal!
Why We Love Lamb Chops
- This cut of meat is so easy to prepare and cook, anyone can do it!
- Lamb chops are marinated ahead of time so dinner time is a breeze.
- Only 10 minutes of prep time and 10 minutes of grilling.
These grilled Lamb Chops are easy to make and use simple ingredients!
MARINADE The marinade is a blend of fresh herbs like rosemary and thyme that’s been brightened up with lemon juice and then given a little kick from a bit of cayenne pepper. Add a little lemon zest for an extra lemony kick.
LAMB CHOPS Delicious and tender lamb loin chops are marinated and then grilled until tender & juicy!
How To Cook Lamb Chops
- Marinate: Marinate the chops for at least 2 hours, but you’ll get the best flavor if they’re marinated for at least 8 hours.
- Grill: Sear both sides of the chops on high heat then reduce the heat and cook until the desired internal temperature is reached (per the recipe below).
Lamb Chop Grilling Temperatures
Use an instant-read meat thermometer to get the perfect cook on the lamb chops.
Medium Rare 135°F – Dark pink center
Medium 145°F – Pink center
Medium Well 155°F – Browned center with very little pink
Don’t feel like grilling? Make these lamb chops on the stovetop too! Sear each side of the chops in a hot cast iron skillet for 4 to 5 minutes over medium-high heat until desired internal temperature is reached.
Allow the meat to rest on a plate for a few minutes before cutting and serving.
Serving Lamb Chops
Sides: Serve them the same way you might serve a steak – with roasted vegetables, corn ribs, braised carrots, mashed potatoes, or even a delicious salad.
Sauce: Try basil pesto that’s had a bit of mint added in or Chimichurri Sauce.
Leftovers? Store cooked lamb in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
More Easy Grilling Recipes
Did you love these Grilled Lamb Chops? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Grilled Lamb Chops
- 4 lamb chops
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice about 1 lemon
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- With a mortar and pestle, grind up the rosemary and thyme to release their flavor. You can also mince them with a knife or toss all of the marinade ingredients in a food processor and pulse.
- Add all marinade ingredients to a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the marinade and the lamb chops to a large zip-top bag and massage the marinade into the chops, making sure to completely cover them. Allow them to marinate for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight. *Pull them out of the refrigerator and allow them to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before grilling.
- Sear on high heat for 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Reduce heat and cook on low until the chops reach an internal temperature of 135°F. If you like your lamb a little more done, heat to 140°F or 155°F. Allow the chops to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
When do u use the garlic ?
Hi Serge, the garlic is added with the marinade ingredients in step 2. I hope this helps!
Really nice recipe. Thanks for sharing.
These lamb chops with lemon and rosemary are absolutely delicious! Easy marinade recipe and simple cooking instructions. (Why do others make grilling so complicated?) I had to cut back on the garlic due to an allergy but 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder was enough as a substitute. My wife doesn’t usually care for lamb, but she loved these and said to save the recipe!
So happy to hear how much you and your wife love the lamb chops!
LOOKING FORWARD TO TRYING OUT SOME OF YOUR RECIPES I LOVE TO COOK AND EXPERIMENT
None of these tell how much of the ingredients to make the marinade.
The marinade ingredients and amounts are in the recipe card Jeune. You’ll find the recipe card part way down the page. Enjoy!