These Lamb Chops are an easy dinner recipe made with a lemon-rosemary marinade and grilled to perfection!
This recipe is a simple grilled dinner, but if it’s not summer, stovetop instructions are included as well! Serve them with mint pesto and veggies for a delicious meal!
Why We Love Lamb Chops
This cut of meat is so easy to prepare and cook, anyone can do it!
The tenderness of the meat and the unique flavor the marinade provides will leave your family in awe of your culinary skills!
This lamb chop recipe comes together in no time! After marinating, the chops are only on the grill for 10 minutes!
These grilled Lamb Chops are easy to make and use simple ingredients!
MARINADE The marinade is a blend of fresh rosemary and thyme that’s been brightened up with lemon juice and then given a little kick from a bit of cayenne pepper. Salt, pepper, and olive oil make up the rest of this flavorful marinade!
LAMB CHOPS Delicious and tender lamb chops are marinated and then grilled until tender & juicy!
PRO TIP: Make sure to select chops that are about an inch thick so that you get a great sear without overcooking the center.
How To Make Lamb Chops
- Marinate: Marinate the chops for at least 2 hours, but you’ll get the best flavor if they’re marinated for at least 8 hours.
- Grill: Sear both sides of the chops on high heat then reduce the heat and cook until the desired internal temperature is reached.
Don’t feel like grilling? Make these lamb chops on the stovetop too!
Stovetop Directions: Allow the meat to sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes before cooking. Using a cast-iron skillet is preferred, but stainless steel will also do. Sear each side of the chops for 4 to 5 minutes over medium-high heat until desired internal temperature is reached. Allow the meat to rest on a plate for a few minutes before cutting and serving.
How To Serve Them
Serve them the same way you might serve a steak – with roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, or even a delicious salad. With this recipe, I love serving them with basil pesto that’s had a bit of mint added in.
More Easy Grilling Recipes
- Grilled Chicken Kabobs – with fresh veggies
- Grilled Steak Fajitas – 15 minute cook time
- Easy Grilled Salmon – light & flaky
- Grilled BBQ Chicken – smothered in sauce
- Grilled Pineapple – side dish or dessert
- Grilled Chicken Sandwich – a summer favorite
- Grilled Chicken Thighs – 10 minute grill time
Did you love these Grilled Lamb Chops? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Grilled Lamb Chops
- 1 Tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice about 1 lemon
- 2 Tablespoons garlic minced
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 4 lamb chops
- With a mortar and pestle, grind up the rosemary and thyme to release their flavor. You can also mince them with a knife or toss all of the marinade ingredients in a food processor and pulse.
- Add the ground herbs, lemon juice, garlic, cayenne pepper, black pepper, salt, and olive oil to a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the marinade and the lamb chops to a large zip top bag and massage the marinade into the meat making sure to completely cover them. Allow them to marinate for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight. *Pull them out of the refrigerator and allow them to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before grilling.
- Sear on high heat for 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Reduce heat and cook on low until the chops reach an internal temperature of 135°F. If you like your lamb a little more done, heat to 140°F or 155°F. Allow the chops to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)