This is a rich and creamy meatball dish that is reminiscent of the famous Swedish Meatballs, but so much easier! You can make your own meatballs with your favorite recipe, or use quick and convenient frozen ones.
Either way, the delicious gravy will enhance their flavor and is wonderful when served over hot egg noodles, or boiled or mashed potatoes. It even makes an absolutely out of this world meatball grinder! :)
Rich and Creamy Slow-Cooker Meatballs
- 32 oz frozen meatballs OR 2 lbs of homemade meatballs
- 10 oz cream of mushroom soup (can use reduced-sodium or reduced fat)
- 14 oz Alfredo pasta sauce such as Bertolli's
- ½ cup sour cream low fat
- 10 oz beef consommé
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- Add the cream of mushroom soup, Alfredo sauce and beef consommé to the crock pot and blend well.
- Add meatballs, and stir to coat.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, stirring occasionally if possible.
- About an hour before you're ready to serve, blend in the sour cream, and allow it to heat through.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with parsley.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)