This is a fun recipe and tastes just like a Big Mac! I had a craving for one the other day… and this was exactly what I needed!
Using lean beef and light mayo, this salad is definitely a healthier alternative to a Big Mac! I think my favorite part is the little bun croutons! Super easy and just so adorable. Love them! After putting this all together, I felt completely satisfied! It was a hit with my entire family!
Big Mac Salad
- 4 tablespoons dehydrated onion flakes
- 2 sesame seed hamburger buns
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 head iceberg lettuce washed and chopped
- 2 dill pickles sliced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- ½ cup mayo I used light
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle chopped
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 ½ teaspoons sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoons chili sauce or french dressing if you don't have chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons dehydrated onion flakes
- 2-3 Tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place 4 tablespoons of dehydrated onion flakes in a small bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside.
- Prepare dressing by mixing all dressing ingredients except milk in a small bowl. Microwave 25 seconds, stir well and refrigerate. Once cool, add in milk until desired consistency is reached.
- To prepare "croutons", use a small circle cookie cutter (I used the center of a doughnut cutter which was 1 ¼") to cut small circles out of the buns. Place the "croutons" on a baking sheet and bake about 8 minutes or until crisp and dry. Allow it to cool.
- Brown ground beef with onion powder until fully cooked. Drain any fat and set aside.
- Place ¼ of the lettuce in each bowl. Top with beef, pickles, 1 tablespoon of rehydrated onions, cheese, and croutons. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)