This is a fun recipe and tastes just like a Big Mac! I had a craving for one the other day… and this was exactly what I needed!
Using lean beef and light mayo, this salad is definitely a healthier alternative to a Big Mac! I think my favorite part is the little bun croutons! Super easy and just so adorable. Love them! After putting this all together, I felt completely satisfied! It was a hit with my entire family!
Big Mac Salad
- 1 head iceberg lettuce washed and chopped
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 4 tablespoons dehydrated onion flakes
- 2 dill pickles sliced
- 1 cup Velveeta cheese or cheddar cheese, cubed
- 2 sesame seed hamburger buns
- ½ cup mayo I used light
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle chopped
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 ½ teaspoons sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoons chili sauce or french dressing if you don't have chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons dehydrated onion flakes
- 2-3 Tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place 4 tablespoons of dehydrated onion flakes in a small bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside.
- Prepare dressing by mixing all dressing ingredients except milk in a small bowl. Microwave 25 seconds, stir well and refrigerate. Once cool, add in milk until desired consistency is reached.
- To prepare "croutons", use a small circle cookie cutter (I used the center of a doughnut cutter which was 1 ¼") to cut small circles out of the buns. Place the "croutons" on a baking sheet and bake about 8 minutes or until crisp and dry. Allow it to cool.
- Brown ground beef until fully cooked. Drain any fat and set aside.
- Place ¼ of the lettuce in each bowl. Top with beef, pickles, 1 tablespoon of rehydrated onions, cheese, and croutons. Drizzle with dressing.