Pickled jalapenos are one of those Iittle extras that just make a dish pop and they’re crazy easy to make.
Jalapenos can be found fresh year-round at almost any grocery store and this quick homemade recipe for pickled jalapenos means they can enjoyed from the fridge all year long!
Why We Love These!
These Pickled Jalapenos are so easy to make. They only take 2 minutes to cook, and then sit in the fridge!
These pickled jalapenos taste way better than the store-bought kind. They’re fresh and crisp!
They’re also much less expensive than buying a jar of store-bought jalapenos.
JALAPENOS Use fresh, crisp jalapenos. Add chili peppers, bell peppers, habanero or banana peppers if you have them. I use a mandolin and always wear gloves. The oils in jalapenos can burn your skin if cutting many at once.
LIQUID Equal parts water/vinegar are used to pickle the peppers.
SEASONINGS Kosher salt and garlic cloves really add to the flavor of these pickled jalapenos!
If you’re a garlic lover, add more cloves of garlic. Fresh dill, peppercorns or other herbs and spices can be added as well!
How to Pickle Jalapeños
This simple recipe will guarantee that pickled jalapenos will be ready anytime! Use a mandoline if you have one.
- Slice peppers ¼” thick. Slice garlic.
- Boil sliced jalapenos and garlic in water with vinegar and salt, per recipe below.
- Let cool completely in the refrigerator. For best results, let sit for two days before eating.
Perfect Pickled Peppers
- Wear gloves and be careful when cutting peppers!
- Use fresh peppers that are clean and uniform in size.
- For best results, use kosher salt instead of iodized table salt. Table salt may make the brine cloudy or change the color of the peppers.
- Store your peppers in a clean mason jar or glass jar with a good seal.
- Be sure to wait at least 2 days before opening the jar to give the peppers a chance to soak with the garlic in the brine.
How to Store Them
The best way to store pickled jalapenos is to keep them refrigerated so they stay fresh and crisp. Keep them immersed in the liquid they were cooked in in a mason jar or an airtight container. They will stay fresh and crispy for about 3 months if they last that long!
Use Pickled Jalapeños in These Dishes!
Pickled jalapenos add a little extra heat and acidic flavor to all kinds of Mexican dishes!
- Homemade Salsa – 5 minutes prep time
- Carne Asada Recipe – with a citrus marinade
- Chicken Quesadillas – great for leftover chicken
- The Best Chili Recipe– bring on the heat
- Easy Steak Tacos – fresh and flavorful
Did you try these Pickled Jalapenos? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Quick Pickled Jalapenos
- 2 cups sliced jalapenos see note
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 cloves garlic sliced
- 2 teaspoon sugar optional
- Slice jalapenos to 1/4" thickness (I use a mandoline).
- Bring water, vinegar, salt and sugar to a boil. Add jalapenos and garlic and let simmer 2 minutes.
- Place in a jar and cool completely.
- Refrigerate at least 2 days before eating.
Jalapenos will keep up to 3 months in the fridge.