French Toast Roll Ups are super easy to make and even more fun to share and eat! Roll an assortment of tasty fillings inside a slice of bread and saute in a pan until golden brown!
With all the tasty parts of classic french toast rolled into handheld portions, it is great to make ahead!
How to Make French Toast Roll Ups
To make seamless french toast rolls start by cutting the crust off slices of bread and flatten with a rolling pin.
- Place filling on one end and roll up carefully.
- Dip the French toast rolls into the egg mixture and fry in butter, seam side down in a saute pan.
- Once golden brown, remove the rolls and roll in cinnamon sugar to coat them.
Stack on a platter and serve with whipped cream or warmed maple syrup.
Delicious Filling Options
Here is a great list of fillings you can put into your French toast roll-ups!
- Fruit: mashed bananas, strawberry puree, blueberry puree, or apple pie filling are delicious!
- Jam: apricot, peach, grape, orange marmalade, and so many more!
- Other: cream cheese, peanut butter, mini chocolate chips, mini butterscotch chips or Nutella.
Make a whole variety and let everyone pick and choose their favorites!
French toast roll ups will keep for about three or four days in the refrigerator. Make sure they are sealed in a zippered bag or an airtight container.
If they are filled with fruits, they can start to get soft so it’s best to eat them right after they are made. Jams and nut butters tend to store better.
Delicious French Toast Recipes
- Blueberry French Toast Bake
- French Toast Casserole – just 10 mins prep!
- Easy Overnight French Toast – easy breakfast option!
- Overnight Apple Pie French Toast Casserole
- Blueberry Cheesecake Roll Ups – oven baked!
French Toast Roll Ups
- 16 slices soft bread
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- filling of your choice (such as cream cheese, jam, nutella or your favorite)
- Place piece of bread on a cutting board and trim your crusts. With a rolling pin flatten each piece of bread.
- At one end of your bread place your filling (just a small strip) and roll up.
- In a shallow dish combine sugar and cinnamon. Mix well. In a second shallow dish whisk together eggs and milk. Dip the bread roll in the egg mixture.
- Heat a pan over low-medium heat, melt butter to coat pan. Place rolls in the pan, seam side down.
- Cook until golden brown turning to brown all sides.
- Remove the rolls one at a time from pan and roll to coat in cinnamon sugar mixture.