So I just got back from having a visit with my sister! Before I left she made me this fabulous gift! A jar of homemade Nutella just for me!
Well, this is possibly the most amazing thing on the planet! It is not as sweet as the store bought and it just tastes so incredible… I would say it’s like grown up Nutella! I am one spoiled sister!!
So far I’ve eaten it on well, .. um … a spoon… and a banana! It would be amazing on toast or ice cream or.. anything! My daughter told me it tastes like a brownie on a spoon!
Give it a try yourself!
Homemade NUTELLA Recipe!!!
- 1 1/2 cup whole hazelnuts
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 3/4 cup powdered milk
- 1 Tbsp . honey
- pinch salt
- 1 cup of semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Toast the hazelnuts at 375 for 10-15 minutes until fragrant & the skins split
- Place the nuts on a tea towel and rub them to get as many of the skins off as possible
- Transfer to a food processor (while warm) and puree into a paste (like thick peanut butter)
- While the nuts puree, warm the milk, powdered milk, honey and salt over medium heat until it JUST starts to boil
- Melt the chocolate in double boiler or in the microwave (on lower power) until smooth
- With the food processor running, slowly add the melted chocolate to the ground nuts (scrape the sides if required)
- Add the warm milk & honey to the processor and puree until smooth
- Pour the mixture into a jar/container (it will thicken upon cooling)
- Allow the mixture to cool and store in the fridge
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
This recipe was provided to me by my sister (thanks sis!) and is an adaptation of David Lebovitz take on a recipe found in the Encyclopedie du Chocolat! David was kind enough to share this on his fabulous blog – Living the Sweet Life in Paris for all of us to enjoy! Thanks David! <3