Light and fluffy with the perfect crispiness on the outside, Air Fryer French Toast is another classic!
We love homemade French toast and cooking it in the air fryer means you can make it even on busy mornings! It can also be made ahead of time and reheated when everyone is getting ready for work and school!
New to Air Frying? Check out our favorite Air Fryer here.
Find everything air fryer here including our best tips, tricks, and recipes.
View all Air Fryer Recipes here.
Bread for French Toast
French toast comes out crispy on the outside and light and fluffy on the inside when it’s air fried.
We like to use thicker varieties of bread, like brioche if possible. If you use french bread, cut it yourself and let it dry slightly on the counter.
Bread that is too thin (like sandwich bread) can fall apart while bread that is too moist won’t soak up the custard mixture as well. While they’ll still work if it’s all you have on hand, a thicker slightly dried bread works best.
BATTER Basic French toast batter always starts with eggs and milk, which makes it creamy and super fluffy. Swap out the milk for dairy-free milk or even add a splash of Irish cream or coffee to the mixture.
How to Make French Toast in the Air Fryer
You’re just 3 simple steps from breakfast!
- Whisk the custard ingredients together.
- Dip each side of bread in the batter & let soak for a few seconds on each side.
- Place each piece in the preheated air fryer & bake until golden brown, flipping once.
Can You Make Ahead?
Definitely, Air Fryer French Toast is the perfect make-ahead breakfast that can be ready to grab-and-go all week long!
FRIDGE Keep French toast in the refrigerator in a zippered bag or airtight container. Remove desired number of servings and reheat them in a toaster, microwave or the air fryer.
FREEZER Freeze cooked and cooled slices between pieces of parchment paper and place them in a zippered bag. To reheat, simply pull out a slice and pop in the toaster!
French Toast Faves
- Quick and Easy French Toast– perfect for brunch
- French Toast Roll Ups – so fun to eat
- Blueberry French Toast Bake – an easy holiday breakfast
- Apple Pie French Toast Casserole – great for a crowd
- Easy Overnight French Toast – perfect make-ahead breakfast
- Air Fryer French Toast Sticks – kids love these
Did your family love this Air Fryer French Toast? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Air Fryer French Toast
- 8 slices brioche bread or other dense bread, thickly sliced
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat air fryer to 370°F
- Whisk eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon in a shallow bowl or dish.
- Dip both sides of the bread into the egg mixture allowing a few seconds for the egg to soak into the bread.
- Place four slices of bread in the air fryer basket and cook for 4 minutes.
- After four minutes flip the bread and cook for an additional 4-6 minutes or until the bread is golden in color.
- Repeat with other slices of bread.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)