After I made my Baked Apple Pie Roll ups.. and realized how heavenly they were, I knew this would work with other things! I decided to try it with blueberry cheesecake and let me tell you, these Blueberry Cheesecake Roll Ups were AMAZINGLY delicious!
Make sure you place these seam side down on parchment paper so they don’t open up in the oven! If they happen to slightly flatten out when you bake them, you can easily squeeze them round again using tongs before they cool and they will hold their shape!
Items you’ll need for this recipe
* Blueberry Pie Filling * Cream Cheese * Rolling Pin *
BLUEBERRY CHEESECAKE ROLL UPS (OVEN BAKED)
- 10 slices white bread
- 1 can blueberry pie filling
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 lemon
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a zester or fine grater, zest (remove the rind) from the lemons (just the yellow, not the white)
- Cut the crusts off your bread and roll each slice flat with a rolling pin. Combine sugar and lemon rind on a small plate.
- Combine cream cheese, powdered sugar and the juice from 1/2 a lemon in a small bowl. Place into a Ziploc bag and snip off the corner.
- Pipe about 1 tablespoon of cream cheese on each slice of bread. Top with about 1 tablespoon of blueberry pie filling.
- Roll up and dip each piece into melted butter (I poured a tiny bit of butter into a “butter dish” and just rolled in there) and then roll in the lemon sugar.
- Place seam side down on a parchment paper lined pan and bake 16-18 minutes or until browned and crispy. Serve warm.