Peanut butter is delicious, creamy and packed with protein. It’s a great dip for crackers or celery and can be made into the classic PB & J for the kids.
In all honesty, peanut butter one of the simplest, most scrumptious foods on the planet and kids LOVE it. That makes it the perfect food for any mom to keep on hand. Unfortunately, as with so many processed and commercialized foods these days, you may find some weird ingredients and a TON of sugar in your favorite brand.
Homemade Peanut Butter: Easier Than You’d Think!
You may have never even considered making your own because it sounds difficult. However, in reality, it’s as easy to make as it is downright tasty!
That’s it! That’s really all that there is to it… and you know exactly what is in it… nuts, salt, honey and oil. Making your own peanut butter is a GREAT way to “eat clean” and save some money. Especially if your kids love it, it is nice to know that it is made from wholesome ingredients and that there aren’t any weird chemicals hidden on the label.
Recipes To Make With Your Homemade Peanut Butter
How to Make Homemade Peanut Butter
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great recipes!
- 15 ounces shelled roasted peanuts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons peanut oil
- Process peanuts, salt and honey in the food processor for 60 seconds.
- Take a spoon and scrape and scoop down the sides of the bowl. Replace lid
- Continue to process for about 1 ½ to 2 minutes while slowly drizzling in the oil. You want a smooth consistency.
- Store your homemade peanut butter in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will keep for up to 2 months.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)