Creamy mushroom pasta is a delicious main dish that’s quick to make and restaurant menu worthy!
In this recipe, fettuccine is tossed with a velvety mushroom sauce, crispy bacon pieces, tender mushrooms, and a sprinkle of parsley.
Why You’ll Love This Pasta Recipe
- The flavor is insanely good. So good!
- The sauce is extra creamy and just a little bit lighter than a fettuccine alfredo.
- Pasta dinner recipes go from stovetop to tabletop in minutes.
- The flavors of this dish welcome other proteins (like chicken or shrimp) and additional veggies.
- Great for a weeknight but also tastes fancy enough to serve to guests!
Ingredients in Creamy Mushroom Pasta
MUSHROOMS: This dish starts with mushrooms of course. White, brown, or cremini mushrooms are great for the base of this recipe. Add in other favorites like portobello or rehydrated morels.
BACON: Bacon adds a smoky and salty flavor to the dish. The bacon fat is used to cook the mushrooms for an extra layer of goodness. Experiment with applewood, hickory-smoked, or maple bacon.
SAUCE: This cream sauce is really easy to make, no roux required. I use half and half or light cream. Ensure the cream cheese is room temperature to help it melt quickly and evenly. Spreadable flavored cream cheeses (like herb and garlic) are great in this recipe too.
PASTA: Fettuccine is our go-to here because the sauce clings to the wider pasta better than thinner pasta like angel hair. This sauce is great over any kind of pasta though.
- Toss in any combination of vegetables from chopped spinach, steamed broccoli, green peas, or top with grilled pieces of asparagus.
- Mushroom pasta is also a great dish for using up leftovers like roasted chicken, ground Italian sausage, cubes of ham, or shrimp.
- For a fancy presentation top with a blackened salmon filet or grilled chicken breast!
How to Make Creamy Mushroom Pasta
- Cook Bacon & Mushrooms: Cook bacon pieces & remove from the pan. Sauté garlic & mushrooms in the bacon fat (per the recipe below).
- Simmer Sauce: Add cream, broth, & cream cheese, simmer until sauce is smooth.
- Add Pasta: Toss in cooked pasta, garnish & serve.
If you’ve ever had truffle in a restaurant (the mushroom not the chocolate) you know that it comes with a hefty price tag!
What to Serve With Mushroom Pasta
- Homemade French Bread – made from scratch
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts – ready in 30 minutes
- Caesar Salad – a classic side dish
- Homemade Focaccia Bread – perfect for dipping
- Garlic Roasted Broccolini – simple yet elegant
Did your family love this Creamy Mushroom Pasta? Leave us a comment & a rating below!
Creamy Mushroom Pasta with Bacon
- 6 slices bacon cut into ½-inch pieces
- 2 cups mushrooms sliced ¼" thick, white or brown
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 ½ cups half-and-half cream
- ½ cup parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 1 package fresh fettuccine noodles 8-9 oz or 6-8 oz dried pasta
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- pepper to taste
- Cook bacon until crisp. Remove from pan & set aside.
- Leave enough bacon grease in the pan to lightly coat the bottom. Add mushrooms & garlic and cook on medium-high heat for about 3 minutes.
- Add chicken broth to the mushrooms and turn heat up to high. Cook until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Add in cream and cook until thick & bubbly. Add in bacon and cheese. Stir until the cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions reserving ½ cup pasta water. Drain well and toss cooked pasta noodles with sauce.
- Sprinkle with parsley and season with pepper to taste.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)