Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts recipe are healthy and oven crispy!
A splash of olive and some seasoning is all this recipe needs, this is not your granny’s sprouts recipe!
A Fave Side Dish
We love this super easy recipe because it’s simply yet has great flavor (and great for new cooks).
You only need a handful of ingredients that are probably already in the pantry! A little olive oil, some garlic powder, and some salt and pepper, and this one-pan wonder is oven-ready.
How to Make Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- PREP Brussels Sprouts Remove any loose, torn, or discolored leaves from each sprout and trim off the bottom. Cut them in half if they are large.
- SEASON Toss Brussels sprouts with oil and seasonings per recipe below.
- ROAST Brussels sprouts are roasted for about 20-25 minutes. Smaller sprouts may cook a bit quicker, check them after 15 minutes.
PRO TIP: If you save bacon grease, use it in place of olive oil for a bit of a bacon flavor! You’ll know they’re done when they’re golden brown on the outside, tender, and fragrant.
Once Brussels sprouts are roasted, toss with some balsamic vinegar and Parmesan cheese and place under the broiler for a crispy coating!
Storing Brussels Sprouts
- Raw Brussels sprouts will keep in the vegetable crisper in the fridge for about 4 days, in a brown paper bag, but be aware the flavor will get a little more bitter as they age.
- For roasted Brussels sprouts, store them in a covered container in the fridge and they’ll keep about 2 days.
More Roasted Veggies
- Simple Roasted Turnips – freezer friendly
- Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower – so easy to make
- Roasted Parmesan Asparagus – only 4 ingredients
- Easy Oven Roasted Carrots – an elegant side dish
- Roasted Summer Squash – ready in 25 minutes
- Roasted Rainbow Carrots – elegant, yet easy
Did your family love these Roasted Brussels Sprouts? Be sure to leave a comment and a rating below!
Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- 1 ½ pounds Brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (coarse salt)
- ½ teaspoon fresh black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Rinse Brussels sprouts, cut in half if they are large.
- Toss Brussels sprouts with oil & seasonings and spread onto a large baking sheet.
- Roast 20-25 minutes, stirring after 10 minutes until tender and lightly browned
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)